We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bob Marley Bar

minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bob Marley Bar

Is the trip to the Bob Marley Bar worth it? We will be staying at the El Cozumeleno in January. Should we make the trip? And if so...what is the best way to get there? Also a better time of day?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bob Marley Bar

It becomes 'just another East Side bar' once you turn the corner to the East Side... They are all great because of their locations... the most beautiful place in the world, IMO. There is only one road around the East/South, and it's easy to find... Try Marley's, El Galeon, Chen Rio, Coconut's, Mezcalito's, whatever, you get the picture! Just go before dark, since there is no electricity over there, and they close at or around dusk.

-Tom

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bob Marley Bar

You can rent a small A/C car from the Fiesta guy in the lobby. best to reserve early the day or two before you need it.

But by all means goto the east side of the island. Stop at every place and check them out. The food isn't near as good as in town and is very high priced. But take your camera and have a ball.

Minnesota
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bob Marley Bar

Tom,

El Galeon? AKA?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bob Marley Bar

El Galeon is the restaurant DIRECTLY across from the entrance to Playa San Martin where the lifeguard tower is located. It is fairly new, but the property has been a restaurant bar previously... Closed for a while, but now re-opened.

-Tom

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bob Marley Bar

deffinitly worth a trip to the East side. I like coconuts up high great view.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bob Marley Bar

Hey, If not for the resturants and the quaint drinking stops, go to the East side AKA the Wild side just for the Natural unspoiled beauty. there's a few miles of nothing but where the land meets the sea. Some of the rock formations have caverns with blow holes in them and when the waves come in, you will see gysers shoot high into the air, sort of like natures fireworks. Absolutly Beautiful ! Yeah, I think it's worth the trip....

Allen.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bob Marley Bar

P.S.

If you look at my picture to the left (click to enlarge) that was taken on the wild side next to Marley's.

Allen

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bob Marley Bar

funny thing so was mine!

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bob Marley Bar

Steve...

Check out my car...that's the way to go...

allen.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bob Marley Bar

Hey Nordicfamily!

When in January are you going? We will be at the El Coz January 26th - Feb 2nd. Jeff