We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

We are leaving for the Palace 12/22 and are very excited. Notes on website say dress code at Turqesa (Italian) and Bugambilias (Mexican) is "casual" and at MoMoNoHaNa (Asian) is "Casual elegance. The last one is defined as long pants, collard shirts, and shoes required. No definition for casual. Please let me know what people were wearing. How dressy do we need to pack? I plan on spending most of the week in casual beach wear and don't want to pack a bunch of dress up stuff if not needed. My husband lives in jeans but has nice shirts. My son (10) lives in sport pants and t-shirts. Will they be allowed into the Asian restaurant?

Also, can't find any info on if there's any laundry facilities on site. Again trying to pack as light as possible and would take alot less if could do a quick load of laundry mid week. Please help!

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

Can't answer the dress code questions............but if you get stuck with no laundry facilities, there is a laudromat about two blocks away on 11th avenue............washers take 35 minutes, dryers are in 10 minute increments........and strong!......(maybe too strong--be careful)..............just a back-up plan. They open at 7am.

Betsy

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

Here's an idea...Show up in Over-alls..... That'll throw 'um off...heh.

It's a dress casual actually. Jeans will be streching it a little. I usually pack at least to pair of dress slacks, and a couple of decent dress shirts just to show up for their dinner. You just might find a lot of real nice places in town that really don't care how you are dressed.....and the food is a lot better at a better price.... Just food for thought...... Get It ? Heh....

Allen.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

""..............and the food is a lot better at a better price." ??????????

-----------------------------------------

The Palace is an all-inclusive.............am not exactly sure how the food in town would be a better price???????...............I also hear that the food at the Palace is excellent.

Betsy

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

IIIIIIII Dunno....I like, no make that love the place directly across from the pier that is downtown. Wish I could remember the name...Even though the place I stay at is an all inclusive, I save tons of money on Rolaids and Alka Selzer.... :o)

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

I think Morgy was joking about the "better price " thing. He has a dry sense of humor sometimes.

I always bring a pair of jeans, the wildest color tank tops I can find, a crazy lookin' Hawaii tourist shirt and some boat shoes. Works every time. I'm on vacation for *****'s sake. Other than that it's swimmin' shorts. Period.

We also bring clothes that we don't want anymore. Wear 'em and leave 'em. Beats takin' to the Salvation army. Leaves room for more stuff we buy downtown.

Bring 'em both 1 nice shirt just 2B safe.

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

Morgy

That's it....................No more Coco-Locos at home. You're grounded.

I told 'em what would happen when U got the recipe.

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

Weak comeback Morgy.

A comfortable way around the dress casual is a pair of dockers and a conservative Hawaiin shirt, the only shirt that you can leave untucked and still look nice.

An adult male would be out of place in jeans, I do not care what you are on, vacation or medication.

I have never seen a child in slacks even at the nicest restaurant while in Mexico. Jeans or sports pants would be fine for them.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

This is the Palace...Not Bubas Bar-B-Que. Dress codes are a little different around the world.

9. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2006, 01:17
10. Re: Cozumel Palace: What to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2006, 01:17