We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-10 on el coz beach and why

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1-10 on el coz beach and why

could you please rate the beach at el coz from 1-10 and why

10 being the best

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1-10 on el coz beach and why

That is something that I may work towards but you must be clear in your grading criteria. Just based upon the sand part it is perhaps a 5. Water clarity brings it up a bit. If you like snorkeling that adds to its rating (but detracts if you hate ironshore). Then are you only comparing Cozumel beaches or beaches worldwide? The former would be an easier task for me.

Here are some pics so you can judge yourself:

http://tinyurl.com/jgmtt

Earth
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1-10 on el coz beach and why

I agree 5-6 it's rocky getting into the water, it's not real clear, at least not the days I snorkeled there. The sand is nice, not real wide, but wide enough for a couple of rows of beach chairs. The service at El Coz is top notch.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1-10 on el coz beach and why

If they ever receive more sand from the sand harvesting project, and return the beach to its old self, I would up the rating to a 7.

It would then have a little bit of everything. Nice swimming, good snorkeling, and calm, clear water. The water not being clear would be a rare exception as it has always been crystal clear the many times I have been there.

The negatives would be width of beach and the sand not being as fine as in Cancun or Playa.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
936 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1-10 on el coz beach and why

I would rate the beach there about a 7. The water is clear, snorkelling good, but entry can be challeging due to the ironshore. Please wear water shoes! When I was there late November, the waiters did offer beach service. I also noticed bits of glass that must have been brought i with the sand. All in all, Elcoz still gets my vote.

Claude Dill

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1-10 on el coz beach and why

The El Coz is our all around favorite resort. The resorts in the south have nicer beaches but the snorkeling at the Coz gives it my overall vote. We also like the rooms better and the food is good. Also being close to town helps.

6. Re: 1-10 on el coz beach and why

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 13:20