We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
141 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

Can anyone tell me how to get a good room at the El Coz? Is there someone to talk to? We are booked through Apple for an ocean view. Is it worth an upgrade for a deluxe room with a fridge?? Thanks for any info, Jeff

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

You're still here......I thought you would have been gone and back by now. Most of the rooms in both towers are ocean view. It all depends on what size room you need. We stay in the south tower all the time. It's just right for 2 or 3....any more than that will start to get a little crowded. When i book, I usually ask in the comments section if I can get the same room I always do. I guess it all depends on how busy they are.

Allen.

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

You won't even notice the fridge. You're not in the room long enough. In the evening we always ordered a snack and drinks before bed. The rooms are much nicer in the south tower. We were on the 8th floor and the view was awesome. We just e-mailed them with the room request to be as high as possible in the south tower and that's what we got. I saw a post that said to bring a small collapsable cooler if you want to keep something cool.

You could go to Chedraui and buy a fridge and keep it full for the daily upgrade charge. We instead went to the Lobster House 3x. If you really need it I guess it may be worth it, but we didn't notice.

Last time I was in Wisconsin it was -16 and the crossover fuel line froze. I almost ran out before I hit a truck stop. Too cold for me.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

I agree with cozumelLVR, if you need to keep something cold like your bottled water, get a cheap foam cooler at the supermarket, about $5 plus $6 for the cab ride. I would take the cab to town walk around, shop, eat, whatever then walt to the market then get a cab home. As fa as the delux or ocean view, I'm not sure what the diff. is. I've stayed in both and they are the same room. Ask for the south tower above the 4th floor and you won't be dissapointed.

AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

But the pool will be cold and the wine may not be perfectly chilled and then ther are also some flys and be prepared for these shortcomings, seriously we just took a clapsable cooler and threw some ice in ti, but they have free room service and we hardly used the stuff we had in the cooler. I like the smaller rooms because they were near the activities and I liked watching that pool from the balcony, the other side is too quiet for me and boring..

Oronogo Mo
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

I emailed the resort and asked for a room 5th floor or above in the south tower and when we arrived we had exactly what we asked for 5th floor with a wonderful full view of the pool and ocean. Who could ask for anything more.

Romeo, Michigan
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

jo....do you still have the email addy for El Coz? I've looked around a bit and can't seem to find it.

Thanks ahead of time!

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

We talk to this guy when we book at the El Coz.

He seems to have all the answers.

Allen.

Pedro Armin Caamal <reservas@elcozumeleno.com>

Oronogo Mo
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

if you go to www.elcozumelino.com you and get several email addresses. morey is correct I would use that one. Enjoy

Oronogo Mo
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

www.elcozumeleno.com sorry I can't spell this late I guess.

OHIO
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: El COZumeleno... getting a good room??

I was there jan 10-14th. I pulled up there website and emailed them a week before i left and requested a room in the south tower ,king bed ocean view and was exactly what i got.