We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing

Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing

Is Wahoo tours good for deep sea fishing? Will be there first of April.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
533 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing

I can highly recommend Albatross Charters. I've sent many, many people to them and have received nothing but rave reviews. My father and my uncle also went out with them and said they were top notch all the way.

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep sea fishing

I have never used them, but from what I understand, they are a fishing broker and not an actual operator of fishing boats. The positive side of using a broker would be that to the actual boat operator, you would represent a large purchasing group, and not just be an individual customer. If you received bad service, you could complain to the broker, who then would have more pull with the actual boat operator. A broker might also offer more choices.

The negative would be that you would be paying a middle man.

All that being said, I must ask a question. Dking1, you would not happen to be Islandjim posing as one of his aliases would you?

3. Re: Deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2007, 15:44
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
533 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep sea fishing

Just so that no one is mistaken, Island Jim is Wahoo Tours.

LA
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Deep sea fishing

Jimmy...maybe you should say "we" instead of "they". What a piece of work.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Deep sea fishing

I guess I'm not the only one that can see right through wahoojim....

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Deep sea fishing

Funny thing I just realized is that a poster by the name dking just posted a smiliar question on another board, but in that one he states already having booked with Wahoo..... coincidence???

You be the judge:

www.travelnotes.cc/tchatters/viewtopic.php…

PS Island Jim was banned from that message board several years back for his blatant self-advertisement and constant attacks on people and general flaming....

Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Deep sea fishing

Actually I am an individual from Tn. Now I am worried. I have two older sons who have never been deep sea fishing and I want them to have a fabolus time. I understand that it is impossible to guarantee that you will catch fish but the experience should be positive. Hard earned money that we are spending and I want it to be a good time for my family.

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Deep sea fishing

You should have a positive experience regardless who you choose. Personally, I would choose someone who would pick me up close to where I was staying. Some boats will not pick you up at the northern hotels. I prefer not to take a cab across town to catch a boat.

Dking1, would your son's names happen to be Ricky and Manny?

Cozumel Island
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Deep sea fishing

Antonio after your shameless self promotion after Wilma, for you to give Jim or anyone else a bad time....well, I am LMOA!