We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Topic
Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Morgy, CozumelLvr, and others who have a hard time spelling should benefit from this new feature. A dotted red line will now appear under any word or phrase that is misspelled. It will not offer a correct spelling, but it will alert you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

I think I will get to see a lot of red lines too, but at least I will know to fix things before the upload. I can't spell & admit it, but I also have the habit of hitting the key beside the one I thought I had. Add to that the fact in Canada many words are spelled using English rather than American spelling.

Are you sure about the red line, I hit a wrong key when spelling English and no red line appeared.

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

The dotted red line appears after you have started the next word. I hope the posters I mentioned realize that I am joking with them and do not request that this post be removed as they have done in the past.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Well I was finished my sentence when I noticed the eeror ans it ain't working on my computer. (error and) intentional error but no red line. And yes I hope they take it correctly too. It is very easy to make mistakes, and in most cases we rely on spell check to alert us. Even then on my computer is favors the American spelling, which I know and leave that way because most of what I write is business related and goes to US suppliers, or was used in a very limited circulation Corvette magazine.

Still no red lines under any errors.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

I have no problem spelling...I just can't type...and I never bother to check before I send it on....I'm sure everyone can struggle through....I know I do..... :o)

Allen.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

P.S. I do not remove other peoples post....Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I can take them with a grain of salt if I do not agree...

Allen.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,399 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Also, none of us can remove any post! Can complain to TA and they may or may not remove it depending on whether they feel you have a valid complaint.

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Cicopo, when I type your name, the dotted red line appears. Maybe it is a random testing like when they changed the color and format a year or so ago. Some people get it, some people do not. They then wait for feedback before making it permanent.

Southlake, Tx.
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Does anyone else see the red dotted lines?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

I think it only works on the Texan's Computers

Heh. heh.heh...

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Advisor's New Spelling Feature

Grandpa, are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox as your web browser? I have been using Firefox a lot lately and I also noticed the dotted red lines on typos. I just experimented with both and only noticed the red lines while using Firefox and not on Explorer. I believe the dotted red lines for typos are exclusive to Firefox users.

I have found Firefox to be much faster than Explorer. You can download it for free at firefox.com. It is worth it for the spellcheck feature alone.