We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a week in Isla

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pheonix, AZ
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for a week in Isla

We are two families - 3 adults, 3 kids (ages 12, 8, 8) staying for a week in March at Nautibeach condos. Been to Isla but never stayed there. Love to eat and looking for kid-friendly activities. Have a few questions and would appreciate any suggestions.

1. Getting around - I see golf cart and moped rentals, but there are 6 of us and would get rather expensive - is bike rental available? How else does one get around? Taxis? feet?

2. What should we make sure we do on Isla? What should we avoid?

3. Best food?

Thanks in advance for your help, Sheila

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for a week in Isla

Hello Sheila! The best recommendation I can make for you, which will be a tremendous help is for you to order immediately a map from the mapchick for Isla - www.cancunmap.com. It's lists all the restaurants (w/comments/evaluations) the activities, and much more. It'll be the best $8 you spend for your vacation.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful for excursions around the island - and I do think they have some bigger golf carts that hold 6 . . . not certain on that though. Since you are staying on the North beach, you will be walking distance to virtually everything you will be needing/doing.

I would highly recommend that you do a day trip to Isla Contoy with Captain Tony. There are a few other boats that go to Contoy, but Capt. Tony has the best reputation and offers a great trip - it includes snorkeling, lunch, etc. - a wonderful way to spend one of your days on Isla.

There is so much good food on Isla . . . I can't say I have really had a bad meal - just some that are better than others. For more suggestions/searching, I would hop on to www.islamujeres.info for more details - it's a very active board that will answer all your questions about Isla. Best of luck and have a wonderful time! :)

Fort Worth, TX
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for a week in Isla

If you look at the post Robert in Atlanta, his cd a guide book. It is well worth the $8.

We are going i April, 8 of us. We are planning on renting a car and going to Chitzen Itza, 1 day and probably Tulum-River Maya area another.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for a week in Isla

Playa Indigo rents 6 seater golf carts. Playa Indigo is on the south end of Isla.

4. Re: Ideas for a week in Isla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 02:19