We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best kids resort

orange county
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
best kids resort

I am looking to find a place in early July for two single moms and two 5 year olds. We can either share a room with two beds or would like rooms next door. Most important feature is a great swimming beach for two beginning swimmers.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best kids resort

There are no resorts with organized kids' activities or lifeguards on Isla Mujeres. Playa Norte has gentle, shallow water and a sandy beach. So if you want to be right on or near Playa Norte your options are Nautbeach Condos (2 BR/1 BA units) Ixchel Beach Hotel Condos, Cabanas Maria del Mar, NaBalam Hotel. Avalon Reef Hotel, Isla's only all-inclusive hotel, also has a similar beach.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,820 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best kids resort

In addition to the ones already mention, though not a resort, would be the hotel Posada del Mar. It's handy to the beach, as well as it has a pool and restaurant, which I think would be great if you are traveling with kids. It's also affordable, which might be a great help to two single moms - have a great trip! :)

orange county
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best kids resort

Thanks Chatelaine

We are OK with the no kids club and I am a lifeguard, so just looking for a place they will enjoy swimming in and you answered that question, thanks. Thanks also for the hotel/condo suggestions. Can I ask a follow up? We are going back and forth on whether we get our own rooms or share a room and I can't quite tell what places would be the best fit. Our ideal would be two equal connecting rooms of any size, but we would also be OK with a large room with two queens (or doubles if queens weren't available) or two right next door so the kids could go back and forth. Does any of the places you suggested fit the bill?

orange county
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best kids resort

thanks coalminer I will check it out!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
291 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best kids resort

I emailed Nacho about adjoining rooms at Posada Del Mar. He said they have no adjoining rooms but that he honors requests for rooms next to each other. Just make certain you request that when you make reservations if you choose Posada del Mar.

Julie

orange county
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best kids resort

That was so nice of you to check on the adjoining rooms. Right now I am leaning toward a two bedroom at Nautibeach or Ixchel. I have been debating the noise issues, the construction, the cost, the.... I think I think too much....

7. Re: best kids resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 04:18