We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

Michigan
7 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

We purchased matching leather braided bracelets in Isla Mujeres and mine was recently lost. I need to find a way to get another one. It was from a little shop in the Mercado area. Does anyone know a way to purchase something from the island before we return next year? Luckily we took pictures of them.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

If the item was fairly inexpensive, I think your best chance is to get someone traveling soon to buy it for you and mail it to you from the US. Reimburse them (with a little extra for their time).

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

You would need someone going back to the States. The Mexican mail system is very unreliable and timely. My Mom once sent a postcard. She visited again before it arrived in NY 4 1/2 months later.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,866 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

You might also try one of the Isla Facebook pages - share photo of what you are looking for and find some one willing to shop for you and mail it when they return from the US. I wouldn't mind doing something like that, but not heading to Isla this winter. :)

Edited: 18 September 2017, 18:51
Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

Thank you so much for the great ideas!

Milford, Michigan
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla

I plan a first time visit end November/beginning December. If you send me a picture, I'll try to find one for you.

Reply to: Looking for a replacement bracelet (souvenir) from Isla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted