We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Dulce

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Captain Dulce

Just heard from a friend they only charged her 300p per person this last weekend and it goes towards your food and drink! That's quite a switch from their $70us per person price the quoted me. Let's hope this isn't just a low season price!

Isla Mujeres Deluxe All-Inclusive Day...
41 Reviews
US$80 per adult
Free Cancellation
Private Half-Day Catamaran Cruise...
13 Reviews
US$520 per adult
Whale Shark Encounter Full-Day Tour...
25 Reviews
US$179 per adult
Free Cancellation
13 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Dulce

I guess there's no just dropping in for a drink on the patio any more )-: I used to see a lot of people renting in that area just coming in for a drink and small bite.

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Dulce

We always stopped and as long as we bought something we were fine, Usually a Coke or water or two. in Nov early Dec we are usually the only ones there , (maybe 1-2 other couples).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Captain Dulce

I was always surprised that Capt Dulce was still open considering that most times the wife and I went we were the only ones there. Glad to see they are starting something new as the place is very nice and peaceful.

USA
Level Contributor
879 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Captain Dulce

Hmm, well the $70 US was supposedly for all-inclusive food and drink from what I'd read. So sounds like they've gotten more realistic in their approach.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Captain Dulce

They added a super nice pool and brought back their restaurant. The costs for a beach club and the Federal Zone concession does not come free. I am sure this is a promotion for low season. Businesses are offering discounts and promotions all over the island this time of year. The tourists in the low season are usually more frugal vacationers and do not spend as much money on carts, activities, meals, accommodations and tips. Everybody feels it economically this time of year.

USA
Level Contributor
879 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Captain Dulce

Yes, will be interesting to see if it is just a low season deal. I think the photos of their new pool area are gorgeous. I'm glad they put that it in as I did not like the squishy bottom of the beach water there. I'm not sure we are frugal vacationers as we go in low season because we don't enjoy crowds and can then go twice a year. We still spend plenty and tip well. But I'm veering off topic. I do remember the food was good and the dining area very cute!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Captain Dulce

The pool is a great addition! Nice to have another pool option other than Zama's in that area.

Brainerd, MN
Level Contributor
237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Captain Dulce

Does anyone have a pictures of their new pool?

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Captain Dulce

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDir…

Pool photos are a little ways in, maybe 6th or 7th

Edited: 05 October 2017, 19:36
chicago
Level Contributor
667 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Captain Dulce

Pool looks really nice!

Reply to: Captain Dulce
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted