We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another airport transfer question

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Another airport transfer question

I am confused by all these ways to get to the ferry. What is the CHEAPEST and QUICKEST way to get to the ferry from the airport? We do not want to go through the Hotel Zone. We did that last time and it slowed us down. (We can't wait to get to Isla!)

Is it true that the vans with Best Day and Sea Monkey may go through the hotel zone or may not? I do like their prices!

Mentioned in this post
Best Day
Best Day
4,693 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another airport transfer question

The cheapest is NOT the quickest . If you want to go the quickest you need to do a private transfer with no other people in the van but your party. Make sure to communicate with the driver you want to go the quickest way.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another airport transfer question

QUICKEST is most important!

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another airport transfer question

I would suggest either Cancunvalet or Brant's entertainment plus (they offer transfer services without having to get a card). Both places have very good reputations and we have used both. Have a great trip.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another airport transfer question

We had a private transfer van in January for the 2 of us for $40.00. Very fast and efficient! We just arranged it when we got there - we are spur of the moment kind of people. The extra money is worth it to us to get there fast.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,084 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another airport transfer question

I have heard great things about Cancun Valet - they are direct. However, we have used Best Day for two different trips to Isla and have yet to go thru the hotel zone - it's just been straight to the ferry and they have been great about the pick up as well. But as stated, they don't guarantee it, as Cancun Valet does. Good luck! :)

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Best Day
Best Day
4,693 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another airport transfer question

Also check out besttransfers dotcom...Used them last year and they were excellent...Little cheaper as well I believe

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another airport transfer question

How about a helicopter?Nothing faster than that !

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Another airport transfer question

maybe we were lucky but in all the years we have used seamonkey they never went through cancun hotel zone.we even wanted them to a few years ago to see what the storm did to cancun and they said no,this van only goes to the ferry.check there page.seamonkeybusiness.com they are very good and cheap. if you have no bags or few take the bus even cheaper.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another airport transfer question

We booked with Best Day and they did not go through the hotel zone and it was very easy to book. Although it isn't a big distance from the airport to the ferry it can take some time as the traffic can be horrendous, just chill out, relax, get there when you get there and feel pleased with yourself for not following all those other people into Cancun and making the effort to get to the Island. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Best Day
Best Day
4,693 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another airport transfer question

Thank you everyone for replying! Based on all this good info, I think I am going to go with Best Day or Seamonkey. Sounds like they have the best rates and hopefully, they won't go through the hotel zone. 5 more days and we wil be there!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Best Day
Best Day
4,693 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico