We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

Hello all! Will be in Isla next week for a day trip and was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions for any good seafood restaurants for lunch. I love little restaurants and fish tacos...if anyone could help, it would be truly appreciated! Does not need to be fancy by the way. Thank u!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

Piccus Cockleteria-If you have an early lunch (11) the guys clean their catch next door and throw the excess to the birds. Quite the show!! Grab a table near the water.

Excellant food-I reccomend the ceviche and shrimp cocktails for lunch. Big orders, enough to share and light enough to not weigh you down, and inexpensive.

It's near the ferry, so you won't have to travel far.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,405 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

Just follow your nose . . . really! Hidalgo is loaded with restaurants as well as near the main avenue boarding the beach area. Picius is one, but I had some better shrimp in a restaurant just a few doors down that was cleaner than Picius. There are also several good places right on the beach . . . Sergio's has incredible grilled shrimp and good guacamole. There are also two places (on the southern end) that make an incredible dish - tix & chix . . .I know that can't be the correct spelling, but it's pronounced teek and sheek . . . an incredible grilled fish - Mayan in origin. Happy eating! :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

All of the above suggestions are excellent! Ballyhoo is a newer place on the pier (behind the Pemex station) down from the ferry that has excellent fish tacos, fish and chips and the best margarita of our last trip.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

thank you everyone! so excited....and hungry.

5. Re: calling all foodies...need suggestions for FOOD!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 17:17