We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

Hamburg, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

Does anyone have any news or pictures on the new Excellence Resorts, its scheduled to open on Nov 1st and we plan on going there end of november... just would like some more info before booking..

markus

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

I'm pretty sure Excellence is on the mainland. Doubt you'll find much information on this Isla Mujeres site.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

Hi Markus,

I am thinking of going there in Feb..If you find any info please pass it along and I will do the same.

Thanks

Stacy

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

Excellence is on the mainland but since it is within the "continental" part of the municipality of Isla Mujeres, markus, so you have come to the correct forum. It is north of Cancun, not in Cancun, and not on the island part of Isla Mujeres. The resort is still a large construction site and not open to visitors. I saw it last week from the water. While part of it may be finished and open by Nov. 1, I would expect some work to be continuing even at the end of the month. Excellence resorts have a good reputation, but you will be served by new staff, still in training.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

Hi there, we are booked in to stay at the Resort from the 6th November for two weeks. A little bit concerned that you were there on 23rd September and it still looked like a building site. Do you think I should move hotels????

ottawa
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

HI,

Found these pictures on the web. Taken in August. caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk/Excellence_Playa_Mu…

PLace looks like it will be beautiful! Stayed at the Excellence Rivieria in Feb this year. Loved it. We are considering this resort for December if all goes well. I just hope that most of the construction will be done. I know there will be some issues as there is usually with these new openingS, but the price is right currently!!!!

Valerie

Fairbury, Nebraska
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

We are also staying at the Excellence Play Mujures at the end of November. We emailed the resort last week before booking and they assured us that everything is on schedule and that the resort will be open to the general public on Nov 1st. They also said that the resort was opening Oct 1st for people in the travel / trade industry. If you find out anything else please pass it along. Thank you, Stephanie.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
526 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

My husband and I were on the island from Sept 23 - Sept 27th and walked on the beach in front of the resort... a man working at the resort told us that they were to open in 5 days. (we were eating at Playa Lanchero which is right next door to Excellence - a must place to eat Tixin Pic, which I cant spell or say, but its an island specialty dish of b-b-qued fish THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! - you must try it!)

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

BlondieSki, you are mistaken. The new hotel opening next to Playa Lancheros is one of the Palace resort chain...not the Excellence resort chain. Excellence Isla Mujeres is on the mainland overlooking the island... not on the island itself. You did not see Excellence Isla Mujeres unless you took the ferry to Punta Sam (not Puerto Juarez).

Mentioned in this post
Punta Sam
Punta Sam
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Puerto Juarez
Puerto Juarez
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Kansas City
Level Contributor
380 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

All,

I believe the correct name is Excellence Playa Mujeres. I have now updated the pics to the Excellence Playa Mujeres pics. Do a search for the resort and look at candid traveler pics and you will find them there. Enjoy.

R

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any News on Excellence Isla Mujeres

If you look at the pictures on this link, you'll see the place will not be complete for some time. There may be SOME units open Nov. 1, but most of the place will still be under construction. Mexican construction does not move at the same pace as American construction.

caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk/Excellence_Playa_Mu…