We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

Davis, CA
5 posts
Save Topic
taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

What will it cost for a taxi or shuttle on Sunday to the ferry going to Isla Mujeres? Will US $ be ok for this? Anything else?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,613 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

It's usually cheaper to arrange for a shuttle than to take a taxi . . . we use Best Day which is $17PP for a RT trip from the airport to the ferry - minimum of 2 people. There is also Cancun Valet and AGI - all will do this service for you. Makes it very easy to get to the ferry. :)

Level Contributor
527 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

Hmmm, good to know. I've taken a taxi twice, for $40 or so each way. But if you have 3 people, the taxi is just as cheap at the shuttle, it sounds like. With four people in a small taxi, we were unbearably scrunched for the half-hour ride. I will never try to get 4 in a small taxi again.

If you take the taxi - yes, US dollars are okay.

Davis, CA
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

Thanks for your input. I'm flying standby. Will I be able to take the shuttle without reserving in advance?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

Yes, you can get the shuttle without reservations. Just go over to the booth (on your way out of the terminal) and buy your tickets there. Then give it to the shuttle driver. I love the shuttle because it takes you through the hotel zone in Cancun on the way to the ferry and it's a fun way to see it. It is much longer than a cab though because of it.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

BTW, if I misunderstood and you're asking about Best Day or Cancun Valet, yes, you have to reserve, I believe. I'm talking about the collectivo shuttle lol.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,613 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

I would go to the Best day site and check it out - they do have a desk at the airport, so they might be able to pick you up - I just don't know. We always book online prior to our trip. www.bestday.com. Oh, and we haven't ever gone thru the hotel zone with Best Day - usually it's just been a direct trip to the ferry. :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

Ditto Best Day--and we didn't go through hotel zone either!

Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

Call us crazy, but we've taken the city bus from the airport twice now, because it costs about $2US. However, it doesn't go straight to the ferry - it goes to the main bus terminal, and then you get a cab (which is easy to do) to the ferry for about $5US. And the bus really isn't bad - it's a big cruiser kind of bus with the upholtered seats. The first time we did it because we were cheap; the second time we did it because it actually was fun!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

I wont call you crazy mvmk--thats exactly how I would get there from the airport. I worked for and airline , always flew space available , so never reserve anything in advance. Never a problem.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi or shuttle from CUN to ferry

We always take the bus and then a taxi. Sooo much cheaper and nice..

Bus is at the far east end of the terminal ADO. The workers are usually walking around selling tickets.