We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Food Period

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Food Period

I know Sunset Grill has great ambience,but who has the best food on the Island??..We will be there for 1 day..Our dreams may be here tomorrow,but we may not....

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Food Period

Hola! Food is a very subjective topic . . . do you mean best food as in a fancy meal at one of the more upscale restaurants on the island or most authentic or what?? which meal?? There are lots of great eats on the island, just depends what you are looking for. Here is something that might intrigue you: http://hollyeats.com/IslaMujeres.htm

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Food Period

FRESH seafood from the local sea is a good start...A creative chef to prepare a great sauce to compliment it would be another one.....

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Food Period

I think my favorite meal on Isla (was there a couple weeks ago) was lunch at Social Justica (or something similar to that). Turn right as you get off the ferry, just up the street. Wonderful fresh fish for less than 70 pesos. Also great mixed ceviche.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Food Period

There are many, many places that have great seafood - my favorite are all the varieties of shrimp as well as the local "tiken xic", a Mayan speciality which can be found at some restaurants, but Playa Loncherias and Playa Tiberon are known for this dish - down on the south end of the island. For black bean soup, La Lomitas is fabulous - not to be missed. Many places make a good breakfast, and my favorite dessert is at Color de Verano. :) If you want more food ideas, hop on www.islamujeres.info - not only does it have a page dedicated to some of the restaurants, there is also a story page that has food favorites - great photos as well!

IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Food Period

Hi Coalminer,

I checked out Hollyeats.com and that is a great site and if you look everyone that is reading this Holly has a culinary degree and is a restaurant critic so he really must know what he is talking about. Thanks so much CoalMiner!!!!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Food Period

I enjoyed that as well about Holly Eats - especially that the taste of the food is the focus . . . many of eats on Isla are not fancy places, but such good food and so cheap . . . as well as some of the friendliest people on the planet! :)

Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Food Period

Coalminer - Thanks for posting the Holly Eats site - great info. I am getting so excited for our trip - we leave on cinco de mayo!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Food Period

Will be on Isla then?? THAT would be way fun!! They so love celebrations anyhow - report back about the food you liked. :)

9. Re: Best Food Period

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 09:20