We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attention beer drinkers

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bayfield, WI
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Attention beer drinkers

We just returned from Isla and found the beer choices much better than expected, and certainly better than what is offered in the BVI. Being from Wisconsin and used to good beer, we hoped that we would have choices other than Dos Equis, Sol, Corona (yuk) and the watered down American beers.

Bohemia was excellent (full bodied) but the problem was it was very difficult to find. The only place we located it was at Caso's. We could not find a vendor that stocked it and most never heard of it. We started off drinking Dos but quickly discovered and enjoyed Pacifico which was available at a few vendors/mini markets.

The main grocery store has a poor selection of beer.

Seattle
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attention beer drinkers

¡Sí, Pacifico es mi favorito...Salude! Not in nearly enough places though. Modello is pretty good too.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attention beer drinkers

I always laugh at those who swear Corona is the pinnacle of Mexican beer - it's one of the worst ones and almost undrinkable without a lime.

Bohemia and Pacifico are great beers. On our last trip, we also enjoyed Superior. But in my opinion, the (literal) king of Mexican beers in Leon.

Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attention beer drinkers

I am bringing this thread up because I am wondering where you can buy Pacifico on Isla. Thanks!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attention beer drinkers

Bomemia is quite good, but the best may be Noche Buena, soon to be released for the holidays.

Akin to, but not the equal of, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

Negra Modelo has been declining a bit over the last several years (or my palate has, as I seldom drink beer).

Buen provecho.

M

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attention beer drinkers

Well, sounds good to me. (all of them) I'll have one for all of you manana noche!!!!

Cornucopia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Attention beer drinkers

Add Victoria to the list! Tried it on Isla a couple years ago and loved it! A little heavier than Modelo Negra, like drinking dessert! I found it at Jax and La Pena...

Bayfield, WI
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Attention beer drinkers

Gypsygirl71.

2BVI here all the way from Bayfield! How are things at the Village Inn and Fish Lips??

We are Isla/Akumal/Puerta Morales bound in April. How about you?

BTW, I found Bohemia at the Five Star Liquor in Ashland about 6 weeks ago.

Cornucopia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Attention beer drinkers

Hey 2BVI! Small world, eh? Good news about the Bohemia. The Village Inn keeps me in good stock of Modelo (and Hornitos) for my winter blues!You should check out their Tiki bar! It's only open in the summer, but it's a slice of heaven in Corny for sure! I'm actually heading to Isla Mujeres for my annual fall trip in 29 days (yes, I'm counting)! Might do a spring trip to the Dominican Republic-never been and want to see someplace new. Take it easy!

gypsygirl

Bayfield, WI
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Attention beer drinkers

gypsygirl71

Did the tiki bar one evening last summer as our son provided music for a private party. Do Wade & Cheryl still own the Inn?

You may want to take a look at BVI. Wonderful islands with a Brit influence. Anegada is "the" place if you like pristine beaches all to yourself and many options for terrific food.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Attention beer drinkers

I bought Noche Buena at Costco today.

$99, pesos/12 (about US$7.50)

Lo mejor!!!

M