We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help finding accommodation

Saskatoon, Sask.
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Help finding accommodation

We have been to Isla 2 times and are going back in April of 09 and are taking our 4 kids (4,7,9,11) my wife's sister and her 10 year old son and my wife's folks. so there will be 10 of us. We have looked at several houses but the ones big enough for us are very expensive. The way I see it we need at least 4 bedrooms (if 2 kids sleep on a couch). We could also stay in two houses on the same property but the one house has to sleep 6 (our family). And to make things tougher we would really like to be on a beach so kids can play in the sand.

Casa del Amor at Su Casa

is one house we looked at with adjoining cottages and this is probably looking like it might work but have never seen this property.

LA CASA DEL CAPITAN

Looked at this property but no sand, but looked ok.

our budget is around 3000 for the week.

any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help finding accommodation

I bet you've already checked, but if not, try Islabeckons.com.

Meagan has helped us w/ our last two trips & she knows the units they rep pretty well & has answered all our questions beforehand. If she doesn't know the answer, I know she'll find out. Just got back Mon. Love it down there.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,463 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help finding accommodation

As well as Isla Beckons, I would also contact some of the other booking agents/property managers for Isla - they may be able to set you up with just what you need:

http://www.kathrynstravel.com/

http://www.lostoasis.net/

http://www.morningsinmexico.com/

www.riverapropertymanagement.com/Welcome.html

ggaldamez59@hotmail.com has an apartment and also has some other budget properties, though I am not sure about houses. Good luck! :)

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help finding accommodation

I am very familiar with the properties you are considering and La Casa del Capitan is not large enough for your group. I think it also might pose some hazards for the four-year old. La Casa del Amor plus a cottage from Su Casa next door would work for your budget, and their sandy beach would be very nice for the kids. If that arrangement is not available, try Villa Rotundo (look on lostoasis.net). Another group of rustic cottages with a calm water sandy beach. Just down the road from Su Casa. As a last resort, you might consider booking units at the northern end of the Caribbean/Airstrip neighborhood, which is just south of town. Villa Adioso, Casa Flamboyan, Xanadu, and Casa del Sol al Sol are contiguous apartment houses, so all units are close by one another, connected by a sidewalk, but only Sol al Sol has a sandy beach. And the sea there is usually too rough for swimming. However, they all have pools, and you're only five minutes by taxi from Playa Norte. You can book these as well from the folks at Lost Oasis.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help finding accommodation

Rent two condos at Ixchel, 2 bed room/2 bath, on Playa Norte, w/ a nice pool (the kids will love it), free beach chairs/umbrellas. The condos are very nicely appointed with large walk in showers, full kitchens (save a little $$ by eating in breakfast and lunch?), large paitos w/ great views, a pool side restaurant w/ beach service and room service. Most condos have a futon in the living room and should accommodate 6. To find your best rates do an internet search or go to www.vrbo.com.

Have Fun!!

5. Re: Need Help finding accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 09:21