We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avalon Reef Club

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Avalon Reef Club

Does anyone know if they still offer free pickup

from the ferry dock?

Virginia
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avalon Reef Club

Not that I know of - you can walk, or follow a porter who carries your luggage in a bike, or take a cab for about $3

everett wa
Level Contributor
803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avalon Reef Club

No pick up for us and we were all-inclusive. No big deal as there was a line of taxis when you get off the ferry.. I had WAY to much stuff to walk to the hotel :) but like last post said, around 3 bucks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avalon Reef Club

How was your stay, were you in thr Tower or Villa?

Condition of the beach, hotel?

everett wa
Level Contributor
803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avalon Reef Club

We were in a villa although didnt pay for one. The beach by the long dock was great. Very safe and clean. Kings bath was cool- so many fish it freaked me out.(took bread from the buffet to lure them) I love this hotel and do try to get a villa if you stay. They're great and they have balconies that overlook the ocean.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avalon Reef Club

Thanks for the review, about the Villa, did you ask for one or did they just put you there?

Any restaurant suggestions?

Thanks,Mattiule

nikkid37
Level Contributor
354 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avalon Reef Club

I have been to Avalon twice.....did not do the All Inclusive either time. The first time we stayed in the hotel part which was fine. The next time however we stayed in a Villa!!! That is the way to go......Loved it. You really cannot beat the location of the Avalon hotel. So pretty. I do advice going into town for your meals! GREAT food all over!

everett wa
Level Contributor
803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avalon Reef Club

Yes,food is great in town. We did the all-inclusive because my girls are hungry every 5 minutes. (And the mom and dad are thirsty :) We were up-graded without even asking. Got lucky,I guess. We paid $512.00 for 4 nights, but, I dont think I;ll ever see that deal again.

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avalon Reef Club

As was posted earlier, there are many places to have a fine meal and most are an easy 7 minute walk from the Avalon. The food choices are varied and the prices fairly inexpensive.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
88 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avalon Reef Club

Hi! We are mostly interested in the beaches on IM - they look pretty shallow.. Are there any deeper water beaches near the avalon reef? If we don't go all inclusive how far are the nearby restaurants? Thank for any tips... :)

10. Re: Avalon Reef Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 00:18