We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

Test are in and NEGATIVE

Bowie, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

Wonderful news. May good fortune continue for all on Isla and through-out the world.

Nashville
Level Contributor
461 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

YAY!!!!!!! That is great news!

Tacoma
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

Great to hear! We'll be there on Sunday and staying on Isla on the 5th-8th..

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
161 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

Thanks for posting this. So many people read or hear crazy things all over that are not confirmed and pass that information on and it grows and grows in the rumor mill.

As of May 2, no health organization has reported any confirmed cases of H1N1 in Quintana Roo (the state that Isla Mujeres is in).

People need to follow the experts on this if they are concerned - not the media, not bloggers, not anyone in the travel industry, their neighbors, etc.

And in many cases even the government of one or more countries might go a little off the deep end. For health issues I trust the World Health Organization to post facts not tied up with too much political agenda. http://WHO.org

The CDC also posts facts, so they are another good source for finding facts about confirmed cases, but being a government agency for only one country they sometimes have more political agenda behind their advice. They do separate the facts and their advice for you, as does WHO.

Read the facts from these health agencies. Read their advice. Factor in your ability to reason, and decide for yourself what is best for you if you have travel plans.

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

I was there a couple of days ago. Next time Im skipping Cancun and just staying on Isla again. I forgot how much I love it there. AAHH...Beautiful Isla...

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
280 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

Thank you!

7. Re: 2 suspected cases of flu on Isla..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 07:29