We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo questions

BC
Level Contributor
263 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Condo questions

2 couples looking for condo or something to rent for a week or two, beachfront full kitchen and close to any action, first timers to Isla, just want to swim,chill and party a little next February

THX

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,328 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo questions

Have you looked at Nautibeach and Ixchel? Both on the beach with great restaurants and minutes from centro.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo questions

Ixchel Condos are the nicest on Playa Norte. You will not be disappointed. Reserve your condo through an owner at vrbo.com. Have Fun!

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
161 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo questions

For two couples wanting to share a condo and be close to the action, I'd suggest Ixchel. Nautibeach has been mentioned, but they only have one small bathroom for each 2BR unit. Ixchel has 2BR with one bath, and is set up in such a way that you can have a little more privacy if you want it.

There are many ways to book it - directly with the property, through travel agencies or small rental businesses that book properties on the island, or directly through one owner. Make sure you are comfortable with your payment options, whatever method you choose. Some of them require cash only (gives you no protection for default), while others will accept credit cards and/or PayPal. Some are legitimate businesses, while others are not. Some can offer you other services with your booking, others can not. Choose what you are comfortable with.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo questions

Yes on the small bathrooms at NBeach. We shared a unit back in Feb. with another couple and it sounds like it fits all your criteria, but little cramped on bathroom space. Bedrooms were nice, ours even had a little sink/vanity in it that we used to get ready by, brush teeth, etc., left more space in the main bath which was very shy on countertop space. Kitchen & living rooms roomy enough, pool within steps, great location. Short walk to downtown. Had friends at Ixchel, which judging by their unit, seemed much bigger, with an unbelievable view.

BC
Level Contributor
263 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo questions

Thanks for your help, I'll look into Ixchel

greenbay,wi.
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo questions

I just booked #709 from the owners they were very helpful. We have never been there but from my research I gather the actual oceanfront rooms are the higher numbers o1 being on the street side. I was told all the penthouse suites are ocean front with deck and hot tub. Try Islamujuresinfo.com if you haven't already found it. The people on the board are very helpful. We are going in Feb. also for our anniversary. Good Luck!

greenbay,wi.
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo questions

I suppose it would help if I told you it was Ixchel!!

8. Re: Condo questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 05:16