We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room w/a view Posada Del Mar ?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Room w/a view Posada Del Mar ?

We are thinking of staying at the Posada Del Mar for a late July vacation.

If I am not right on the beach, I really NEED a view of the water . . . . .

Other must haves: refrigerator/coffeepot/microwave

Which rooms offer a view?

Do either of the mini suites offer a view?

Which rooms offer refrigerator/coffeepot/microwave?

Are beach chairs w/ umbrellas FREE to Posada guest? Without having to order food & drinks?

We are trying to save a little $$ this year and are comparing the amenities of a standard room at Ixchel II and the Posada Del Mar.

We would love to hear any feed back . . . . . pros and cons on the Posada.

We also, read reviews of rude staff.... : (

Have any of you experienced rudeness from the staff, I'd hate to spend seven precious vacation days where I did not feel welcome?

Thanks so much!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,177 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room w/a view Posada Del Mar ?

We always stay at Posada and to the best of my knowledge the rooms with a decent view of the ocean are all in the main building (oldest structure). However, mini fridge and microwave are only in the suites, which is the newer building. As far as I know, the suites do not have coffee makers. This may be limiting as compared to Ixchel, but then the price (67 dollars) is quite a bit less also.

The chaises are free to guests without having to eat or drink anything, however, the umbrella is six dollars (I think.. we usually go to Playa Sol)where it's free provided you eat or drink something.

I've never encountered rudeness in all the years we have been going. The desk staff may not be the most effusive or warmest, however they have never been rude. As for the rest of the staff, you will get a smile and a hello, or at least a hello, provided you also give one :)

Be aware that there is construction going on. We were just there and it was never an issue for us, however if you take one of the suites, you are closer to the work sounds.

2. Re: Room w/a view Posada Del Mar ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 06:19