We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total travel time from airport to island

New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Total travel time from airport to island

I understand that wait times for ferries etc may vary. Looking for an estimate only. We plan to use Best Day (not private).

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Total travel time from airport to island

The UltraMar ferry runs on the half hour to IM from 0530 to midnight.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,585 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Total travel time from airport to island

I believe they run every half an hour until about 9pm, then it is once an hour until 11? Here is their website: http://www.granpuerto.com.mx/

Best Day has always been very prompt for us - even as a shared van. I am thinking about 30-45 minutes from airport to ferry? I can't really remember - just always happy to get thru the Cancun airport and then the vacation really starts! :)

Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Total travel time from airport to island

From airport to the island, you are looking at an hour and fifteen to an hour and a half with any wait time. It has never taken us more than an hour and a half even if we missed a ferry. The ride from the airport can very a bit depending on construction and traffic, but it's always been 30- 45min. for us.

4. Re: Total travel time from airport to island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 06:18