We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

Hello - so thanks to everyone on this forum who provided great info on Posada Del Mar Hotel...How has everyone booked this hotel? I am talking to Maria through Mornings in Mexico and she says I book through her and need to pay 2 nights in advance but no credit card is accepted... does this sound correct? it is starting to worry me since I have never booked a hotel like this.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

MiM is legit and many use them. I use KathrynsTravel.com and she is awesome. I have stayed at Posda 3 times, booking through her. My entire bill - air, ground and rooms - all on one credit card with her. Done. Period.

And I always get the best rooms a!vailable too! Period.

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

This is standard procedure for Marcia Addams (aka "Maria Perez"), the rental agent/owner of Mornings in Mexico. She does a lot of booking for Posada and is trustworthy. If you prefer to book Posada by credit card, you can do it through Kathryn Blume's agency www.kathrynstravel.com . But payment upfront will still be required.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

Just an added recommendation...both Mornings in Mexico and Kathryn's Travel are excellent booking agents and both are completely trustworthy.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,405 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

For my first visit to Isla, I used Mornings in Mexico to book my lodgings - both the Posada and Frances Arlene. It seemed very strange to send my check to a bank for the deposit, but everything worked out find, just as Marcia assured me it would. No problem - she is great and very trustworthy. As well, I have also used Kathryn's Travels for other bookings - if you want to use a credit card, that is a plus. No problems with either booking agent - very reliable. Good for you - I think you'll really enjoy it there. :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

Just echoing what everyone has already said. I just booked another trip through MiM and she's absolutely reliable, helpful, and all around wonderful :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

I booked directly with a sales rep in Florida at the following link:

http://www.mexhotels.com/

All of my e-mail questions were promptly answered. By paying in full in advance, we were eligible for a 10% discount. That was quite a savings, as we stayed for two weeks.

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

paypal is also accepted and i feel a little safer

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

We book directly with the hotel and never had to put money down.

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

tulu, the hotel's website currently says you must make a one-night deposit for a summer booking and a two-night deposit for a winter booking. The deposit is forfeited if you do not give at least 72 hours' notice on a cancellation.

usa
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: posada del mar- how to book the hotel?

I dealt directly with the manager, via computer, and never put a deposit down. Our second stay we did a walk-up, got the room we wanted, and a great price for paying in pesos.