We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a Golf Cart?

Indiana
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a Golf Cart?

Was curious if carts are safe? Do the have a key to remove so nobody can take it? Will they make it to the South end of the island for sightseeing? Is there problems when leaving you cart parked to go eat or shopping? Simple questions I worry about? Thanks for the input!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
356 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Perfectly safe; there's always a key for security (sometimes supplemented by a bike-lock for the steering wheel); and more than enough gas to get you around for the whole day. They are gas-powered, but operate as if they were battery-powered. Just step on the accelerator and it starts up. A lever changes it to neutral and reverse.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,855 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Golf carts are safe, it's a blast and the way to go. You can travel all over the island in it and everybody does... with no problem parking anywhere on the island or in town. They have a key. Just don't leave any items in them. They take very little gas and the rental companies are very good at knowing how much you need. Golf Carts are a must do for fun.

Indiana
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Thanks guys, this info helps alot!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,084 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

There are only 2 things I would recommend:

1 - your mapchick map

2 - a scarf or something to tie on your golf cart so that you can tell it is yours - it is amazing how many are exactly alike - it really helps.

Have fun! :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Already Got my MapChick Map (which is awesome!) And good idea on the scarf or ribbon to tie on! Thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
958 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Does anyone know what the cost is to rent the cart for one day?

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

the carts don't come cheap. Expect to pay about $45 to $50 US per day.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
958 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Ok, I don't think $50 is too bad for the day ... Are the rental places easy to locate near the ferry?

I think someone else asked this too ... is it safe to lock up and leave it while we are out snorkeling?

The island is quite small if I remember ... how long does it take via cart to get from one end to the other?

Also, what about bikes? Can you rent a bike (not moped - regular bike) in town to cycle out to the Garrafon area?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,084 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

Yes, you can get a golf cart right across from the ferry. There are a few places that rent bikes, but I know they aren't the best maintained. For more details, I would hop on www.islamujeres.info. :)

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting a Golf Cart?

What's a mapchick map and how can I get one?

Thanks