We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Grill or Como No?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Sunset Grill or Como No?

Traveling with 3 kids in May and not sure where to stay yet. Can anyone speak to fool and prices at Como No as apposed to Sunset Grill? I think Ixchel will be cheaper for us traveling with the grandparents compared to getting 2 separate units at N. Any thoughts? The idea of having great food and drinks right by our accommodations is a good factor.

Edited: 27 February 2010, 03:40
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,671 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Grill or Como No?

I assume you mean whether you should stay at Nautibeach or Ixchel, depending on their restaurants?

Ixchel's Como No is more like a pool side snack bar/lunch place. It's not open past 5:30 or so, or at least it never was previously. But if all you want is a snack or lunch during the day then walk into Centro for dinner, then it shouldn't matter. It looks exactly like it sounds... a pool-side little place with not much personality.

Sunset Grill is a full-scale restaurant, tables on the sand, candles, tiki torches, great bar, great food, this place would win hands down as far as I'm concerned.

But keep in mind that both are minutes to Centro, so if you're planning your dinners in town, where you stay should make no difference. Plus you can always walk over to Sunset Grill for lunch if Como No doesn't suit you. Drinks should be about the same in both places, though I think Como No's prices are higher for mixed drinks.

BTW, Nautibeach condos are all two bedrooms but I think they only have one bathroom.

Edited: 27 February 2010, 14:21
Northwest Indiana
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Grill or Como No?

No matter which accommodation you choose, you will be close to tons of restaurants. Stroll down Hidalgo and follow your nose; you'll have your choice of pizza, tacos, Italian, Cuban, Asian, burgers, seafood...I could go on and on. Just a short (and fun) stroll from your hotel.

3. Re: Sunset Grill or Como No?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 05:18