We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

Chardon
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

We recently spent one week at Posada del Mar - mainly based on reviews on TripAdvisor. The PROS for this hotel: 1). Convenient location - within walking distance of everything - downtown, North Beach and "their beach" is right across the street with free loungers. However, you do pay 80 pesos for an umbrella every day. 2). Excellet housekeeping-our room was very clean. 3). Romi and Lee- the bartenders at their bar. Very friendly and their Happy Hour was great - 2 for 1 Margaritas =90 pesos. The CONS for this hotel: 1). Rude front desk staff. We have been to Mexico many times and have stayed at similar size hotels. In Mexico, generally the front desk staff will say Hello when they see you in the lobby and they are helpful. Not so at Posada del Mar. They NEVER said Hello and acted like they did not know about places we asked about. For example, we asked about Zama Beach Club. I mispronounced it and said ZUMA - the clerk said she never heard of it. Can't believe she wouldn't have recognized the similar name?!?!? 2). Also, they will arrange golf cart rental a bit cheaper than most places. I told them on Wed morning that I wanted to reserve a cart for Friday morning. He said "No Problem" - famous last words.... My husband went to the front desk to make the arrangement Friday moring before we went to breakfast so it would be ready when we returned. When we got back, they said it is not their responsibility to make these arrangements and the clerk my husband originally spoke to was out of the office and not sure when he would return. Very unreliable service in our opinion!!!! 3). Our "first room" had a problem with the faucet on sink - it would leak all over the counter. They said they would fix it while we were gone. We came back to the same mess. We asked for a courtesy upgrade due to the inconvenience. They said No, even though they were far from being totally booked. They did offer another room, but they made us move our own stuff just as we were heading out the door. They said they wanted us to move right away so they could rebook our room. Again, they were not near capacity. 4). We almost had to fight to get towels. Our new room did not have towels. We had to ask several times to get them delivered. Then they delivered towels that I would not mop the floor with. They would only give us 2 bath towels -- it was a daily struggle to get face cloths or hand towels. Then we aksed for Beach Towels and we were told they were out of them and we would have to wait at least an hour as they were in the dryer - we were on our way to the beach. 5). You better take very fast showers or really like a cold shower. I barely got my hair rinsed before the hot water ran out and I had to finish with cold water. All in all, not a good experience. We realized this is not a "resort" with all the bells and whistles, but for the money, we feel we could have done much better elsewhere. In our opinion, the CONS outweighed the PROS. I would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel. This is the first time we have not agreed with TA reviews on hotels.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

Wow, I am so sorry you had such a negative experience. We're here now, just about to check out after a week stay, and fortunately we did not experience any of the things that you did. I agree that the desk staff is less than affusive but I have never known them to be rude, or unhelpful in all the years we've been staying here. Which building were you in? Face cloths we bring from home, and yes, they only supply you with two bath towels, but otherwise we never had to fight for them. It's really a shame you had such a bad experience because this hotel really is a very good deal for the money. It's always disheartening to hear when people do not have the good time they deserve. Sorry again :(

Chardon
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

We stayed in the newer section. We will continue to use TA for reviews of hotels in the future. Hope you had a great vacation!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

Sorry you had such negatives. A drag!

But I have stayed at Posada 3 times - old, new and a new suite - and never had any such problems. It may be the best bang for your buck on the Island. And the new pool, bar, etc. Romi is great at the bar! The staff is great. The maidswith fresh cut flowers for you, arranging the towels into animals on your bed- and friendly.

I will say that the young daytime front desk guy is sullen. He seems to be busy. But just say Hol'miga a few times. He eventually smiles.

I'm there again!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

I agree about having to "warm up" the front desk staff, lol. We always said "hola" coming and going and they always responded. Not exactly the warmest people, but never rude. Again, sorry your experience was negative; it really is a shame.

Chardon
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

Glad to hear positive reports. as I said, we will still use TA for hotel suggestions in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

I agree with what you are saying about the front desk employee attitude. The young man that registered us was not friendly at all and there have been many complaints about him. I'm going to assume he is a relative of the owner.

About your other complaints. Sorry, but I have no sympathy. I would never request or expect an upgrade due to a leaky faucet. As in many hotels, the hot water does run out at times, when most people are showering. This is quite common and, to me, not too much of a problem as I am not into hot showers in hot climates. Washcloths are not too common in MX, and they do try to limit the towels for conservation reasons. Nobody really needs to use 4 towels a day. I wouldn't judge a hotel because the beach towels were in the dryer and I had to wait a whole hour!

It may not have appeared that the hotel was full, but many people arrive later at night.

It sounds like this is your first stay at a non-AI. What a shame for you that these petty complaints affected your vacation.

Edited: 21 March 2010, 10:21
7. Re: Not impressed with Posada del Mar....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 05:18