We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duration golf cart rental and parking

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
886 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Duration golf cart rental and parking

Hi! I did a search of golf carts on the forum and see that prices range from $35 (off season) to $40 to $60 per day. Is that information still current?

Also, is it typical to rent for one day or several days? Any suggestions on parking near Privileges Aluxes? Is there a cost to park? Thanks!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

You really don't need a cart every day, beaches, restaurants shops are within walking distance of your hotel.

Most people will rent a cart for a day tour around the island, the rate is 500 pesos for the day, but in low season you may be able to negotiate a better price.

Texas
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

The prices you noticed were a little low because the price of gas and electricity has climbed since last year.

We were on Isla 2 weeks ago. The sandy lane exiting the roundabout next to PA is the only, er, road to Nautibeach and the Sunset Grill. The guard at the gate will let you in if you say "Sunset Grill" because anyone can eat there. The only thing between PA and Nautibeach is a golf cart rental place called Islander. Javier at the Nautibeach gate told us to go anywhere in Centro and get the best price we could find, and he would match it. I made a half hearted attempt with my broken ankle, and returned with a quote of $50 per day for 4 days. Javier said bueno, and delivered the cart, collected the money-half up front, then returned it for us on the 4th day. I bet PA has someone like Javier (don't wish to provoke turf wars) but if you can't locate such a person at PA, its a 1 minute walk to the Nautibeach guard gate and Javier.

Reading the forums informed me the best golf cart rates are set when paying in pesos. It should also be cheaper if reserving for an entire week. We could likely have bargained harder (I'm a thrifty Scot) but my broken ankle was distracting. My Scottish pals would tease me--taking a cab is often a cheaper way to travel than having your golf cart sitting parked most of the day.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,172 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

Parking for PA is on the street outside the horwl. We always rent from Ciro's on Guerrero. Their fee was 500 pesos for the day, and 550 for 24 hours. It's true that you don't need one for the whole week, but we love to take rides when ever the mood strikes so we rented one for 5 days (skip the day you arrive and leave). It was fun being able to go where ever and when ever you wanted. But if it's strictly for touring the island to see the sights, then a 9 -5 rental is perfectly adequate.

Edited: 19 June 2010, 20:15
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
886 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

Thanks for all the ideas! Walking around on a broken ankle in search of a deal- now that is thrifty!

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

Florida1..avg.daily golf cart cost now $50-$55 and I although a weeks rental is nice I agree with Laura it is not necessary esp. where you are staying. As traveler stated you can park across the street from PA. Be sure and always lock with lock/cable provided. Most daily rental's are 9/5 and your can do island tour and see most attraction's easily in that time.One different approach which I tried this year and liked was to rent cart for 24hrs. Picked up at 3pm. which let us take an evening sunset ride down Caribe side,tour Colonias,eat dinner down South and then still had 6to7 hr. golf cart tour of island next day before 3pm. turn in. By the way 24hr. rental is just $5 more than daily cost . Good luck and have a great trip!

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

If they are 500 pesos then thats $39, not 50-55$ seems a great deal

7. Re: Duration golf cart rental and parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 07:16