We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
893 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

I did a search for all variations of a/c and restaurants and it looks like Rolandi's might. Is Color de Verano still open, across from the Privileges Aluxes? I went last July. I am a wimp when it comes to heat and got over-heated in downtown restaurants, but was OK at those closer to the water. Just looking for some up to date information. Also, I've reviewed some of the restaurants on listed on the left of this forum, under Restaurants. Does anyone know if any of those have a/c? Thanks!

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

Sorry to say, Color de Verona closed (permanently). The majority of the restaurants are open to the street or the waterfront, I honestly can't think of any that have a/c right now.

In reviewing the restaurant list, maybe Social Justice and OM have a/c, not sure.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

Rolandi's on Hidalgo has A/C -- the further back in the restaurant you sit, the cooler it is. That's the only place that I know has it.

Texas
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

I share your wimpiness ! Two weeks ago we were there and I wanted to try the pomegranate margaritas at Miguel's Moonlight. They were dos por uno and it was so humid I downed my two and one of my wife's in less than 5 minutes. The next hour is a little foggy in my memory, but I think we searched for air conditioning because I next recall reviving at Rolandi's. They have wonderful chocolate cake and mango ice cream, and a cool water feature in the back. So perhaps you could explore, knowing you can always recharge at Rolandi's.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
893 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

The mango ice cream at Rolandi's sounds great! I remember Social Justice from the hollyeats compilation. I think it says they have outside and inside seating but I guess that may or may not mean the inside is air conditioned. I would like to be tougher but last time, well, I was not tough! Thanks everyone!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,641 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

Satay restaurant at Privilege Aluxes has AC. Other than that, the only ones that I know of are Rolandi's on Hidalgo and at Villa Rolandi's.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

Rooster, a new restaurant, has AC!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
893 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

Thanks, everyone. Is this the correct address for Roosters? Mz 16 Av. Hidalgo y Guerrero Local 25, Isla Mujeres, Mexico? It must mean corner of Hidalgo and Guerrero? Thanks again!

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

Rooster is not on a corner.....and FYI......Hidaglo and Guerrero run parallel to each other! :-). Rooster is on the north end of Hidalgo just before Freddy's and past the chicken rotisserie place.

Actually it is sort of on a corner, but not an street intersection corner, there is is small plaza behind it and you can walk through to that next to Rooster.

Do you have a Mapchick map?? If not, I can't suggest strongly enough you order one, it is an indispensable tool!!! If you do have one, if I am not mistaken, Rooster is E79 on the map, not the same name but Rooster is a new restaurant since the map was printed.

Anothr FYI....Rooster is open only for breakfast and lunch, not dinner.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

I forgot to include the link for the mapchick map......

http://www.cancunmap.com/

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants with a/c air conditioning air-conditioning

We love Isla and travel there often, but frankly the lack of air-conditioning at most restaurants makes summertime dining out uncomfortable. We understand why restaurants don't supply a/c-- electricity rates are very high. To cope, we rent an oceanfront apartment with great amenities: pool, beach, kitchen facilities, gorgeous views, quiet , efficient a/c, free wi-fi and a free telephone. We can call locally, Canada and the US for free. Sometimes we cook, sometimes we eat out, and often we order take-out or delivery food, so we can stay comfortable while we dine at home, and re-heat any left-overs in our microwave. We get out and about in the morning or after dark, when it's cooler -- and we spend our afternoons at the pool. For us it's the perfect way to enjoy Isla -- especially in the summer!