We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea turtle release?

Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sea turtle release?

Is there a tour to release sea turtles during the summer? I can't seem to find a date anywhere.. thanks!

Level Contributor
895 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea turtle release?

I've seen turtles while diving in Isla. I would think the release would be near where they nest. I don't remember seeing any nests marked off in July. Maybe someone else can help.

Level Contributor
354 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea turtle release?

There have been several reports lately of Turtles nesting. You might e-mail Turle farm on Isla as to next release dates. isla-mujeres.com.mx/english/turtlefarm.htm

Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sea turtle release?

The sea turtles NEST throughout the summer, but it takes about 60 days for the eggs to hatch... so mass turtle "releases" from the sanctuary would tend to be in the fall....if the operators are honoring nature's timetable.

4. Re: sea turtle release?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 05:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question