We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PA room upgrade cost

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
PA room upgrade cost

We booked the PA for 6 night through Expedia and opted for the super saver room non-AI. I was thinking of upgrading upon arrival to either the Suite Premium or the Grand Suite Platinum. Has anyone upgraded upon arrival? If so, how much does it cost to upgrade? Is it possible to negotiate the price?

Thanks,

Laxin

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PA room upgrade cost

If you read Florida1's trip report, the "super-saver" room at PA is a tiny room with no balcony--meant more as an add-on to form a suite with another room. So whatever the cost, I'd definitely investigate an upgrade.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PA room upgrade cost

That's weird! The super-saver room was the same price as the Standard room W/ balcony...I might call Expedia and switch to the standard room W/ balcony... What do you think?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PA room upgrade cost

I'd suggest reading thru the many reviews of PA looking for info on which type of room the reviewers stayed in. When I've seen a review or forum posting that seemed like the person might be able to answer my questions I've sent a private message to them and always gotten a response. I'm making my first trip to Isla in 26 days but I read this forum and reviews voraciously and I recall many people saying that the "standard" rooms face away from the ocean, with a view of the school and cemetery, but many of those people were fine with that. It all depends on what's more important to you--the cost or the accommodations. I suspect you're more interested in a nice room with a view or you probably would have booked a less expensive hotel to begin with.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PA room upgrade cost

The price we were given to upgrade from the shoebox room was $30 per night and was not negotiable. If you see the option to upgrade at a reasonable price on-line before you go, I would definitely take it! How is Chicago, DMartin216? I am a former Chicagoan myself. Have fun in Isla!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PA room upgrade cost

It's VERY HOT, Florida1, with no ocean breeze to cool us! But in 23 days I can go to Mexico to cool off!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PA room upgrade cost

I also booked with Expedia, and I upgraded from the shoebox to a 'Superior room with jacuzzi' for around $20/night. The superior room looks really nice on the PA website.

I asked them about the Standard with balcony being the same price as the Super Saver but they said it wasn't the same price when I booked (??). Ah well...

You can probably upgrade when you are at the PA, but I wanted to clear everything up before leaving.

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: PA room upgrade cost

Greetings,

We updraded from a suite deluxe to the Platinum suite...for about 450.00 US total for 6 nights.....well worth it....the platinum suite it soooo cool. Ask for #351 if available it's on the top floor, very private and the views are out of this world.....If you stay with a suite #625 is beautiful as well....however, I really enjoyed our own pool and 2 bathrooms with one opening right onto the deck and pool........Peace

kinsgburg
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: PA room upgrade cost

ask to see room 451 (i think that was it), i cant imagine a better view........anywhere. the room was nice enough, but the view is insane.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PA room upgrade cost

Stixs,

Did you upgrade once you arrived at the hotel?

Laxin

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PA room upgrade cost

neweraKinsgburg,

What room category is room 451?