We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soggy Peso

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Soggy Peso

We were going to try out the Soggy Peso yesterday. We were there around 3:00 and it looked closed. Also a sign said no children. We really wanted to try out the food but we are traveling with a 9 year old. We also heard that the owners are from Irving, TX. Is that true?

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soggy Peso

From all I have heard the "no children" rule is pretty much enforced. Also heard the owners are from Texas but I don't know where. And as for hours? Who knows, places are often not open all the time (or the published hours) in the summer months.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soggy Peso

We were in the same position with our 12 year old last month. Found other places that wanted our business though !

colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soggy Peso

I seem to remember that the Soggy Peso was open Sunday and Wednesday. They do mean "no children" however. The atmosphere is not suited to children anyway. I'm sure you could take food to go if you wanted.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soggy Peso

Maybe I am one of the only ones who isn't thrilled with the Soggy Peso - it is a cute place and had good service, but the food was more gringo food than Mexican . . . I found that very disappointing, but then I don't travel to Mexico to eat American food.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soggy Peso

coalminer, you are not alone :-).

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,771 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soggy Peso

Coalminer, definitely not alone ;-)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soggy Peso

whew! glad to know :)

Rio Grande, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soggy Peso

Another vote with you coalminer. And for goodness sakes be forwarned...don't do the 'double burger'! They aren't the usual 2 patty double, but more of a meatloaf on a bun....and they explode with juice in every direction on the first bite!

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soggy Peso

the Soggy Peso is a bar. bars are not for kids.the menu is not Mexican. the chicken and ribs are great.

BC
Level Contributor
252 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soggy Peso

Another 'no thanks' to food or drink there....haven't been back since getting a margarita that tasted like battery acid....so awful that I couldn't even choke more than the first sip. No idea how you can mess up a plain lime marg, but they sure did! So, don't worry, you didn't miss anything! I usually like to give a place a 2nd or even 3rd chance just in case it was an off day, but just haven't felt the pull to go back there when there are so many other great places.