We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Contoy Trip

Pasco, wa
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Contoy Trip

We are looking to take the trip to Isla Contoy and are wondering if one operator is as good as another. We are looking at Mundaca Divers. Anyone been there with this outfit and care to share.

We are also looking at the one day dive for non certified divers with Coral Scuba Dive Center. Anyone delt with this company?

Thanks in advance for any info. I feel that the fourums give us all a really true look at what is available at our destinations.

80 Days and counting !!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

My husband and son, both certified, have been very happy with Mundaca Divers. I have also heard good things about Coral.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,586 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

We weren't able to go to Contoy due to wind conditions when we were there, but probably the person w/the most experience in trips to the island is Capt. Tony - he is located right in town on Matamoros (sp?).

There are several dive centers on Isla. My husband did his w/Aqua Adventures and was very pleased, but I know Coral and SeaHawk rates well also.

Have a great trip! :)

minneesota
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

Captain Tony would be my choice. We went with another crew once and it was the trip from heck. It was windy and rainy and the waves were ginormus!! Later I found out Captain Tony didn't go out all that week because the conditions too were bad. He is great.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

I would also recommend Captain Tony, who we have always used for snorkel trips.

Last year, we went with another operator, who was not as conscious of the weather as Tony is.

It was a very ROUGH RIDE back to Isla Mujeres. We were all "green".

Tony's board is fairly small though, so if you are prone to seasickness, maybe consider an outfit with a bigger boat. I think one of them is called "contoy express"

Rio Rico Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

they have a real bad service, we went last week, the dive master has no experience, the scuba equipment is not complete, no shade in the boat, they don't give us nothing to drink, only water, no ice, no food, real bad service

everett wa
Level Contributor
808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

Buzos- Who is they?

NC
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

Coral Divers is closed - the owner has retired.

Another option would be Aqua Adventures - has a very good reputation.

Hershey...
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

I would also recommend Captain Tony. We had a great time with him and one of the best lunches while in Isla. Enjoy!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

We went with Capt. Tony last Feb. to Isla Contoy he was great we had a great time. We have also used Aqua Adventures, they are very good.

10. Re: Isla Contoy Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 09:25