We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

Has anyone dealt with Vicki Dakini at Lost Oasis Rental Agency on Isla Mujeres?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

I've never personally rented from her but she has been in business on the island for many years and is very reputable.

I wouldn't hesitate using Lost Oasis if I needed their services.

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

First-rate, totally trustworthy. I think she's the island's original rental agent... with the longest list of properties. And I have known her to drop listings that weren't maintained as they should be. That should give you confidence.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

Thanks to both of you for your replies. It is good to hear that she has been around for some time and that she keeps properties that are maintained to a certain standard. The payment options are a bit inconvenient but the property looks like it's worth it.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

I am currently dealing with Vicki & she's been great. Gets right back to you & answers questions & gives tips without making you feel dumb. Taxes are included in her prices & only 1/2 the payment is necessary for the deposit & the remainder when you arrive - unlike some other Agencies. I'd recommend her.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

She's great. We had no problems at all and would highly recommend.

6. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 16:46
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,662 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

That's a very serious allegation. Have you tried calling them? E-mail has a way of getting lost and I would certainly not rely on just email if I felt that a agency "stole" nearly 500 dollars of my money.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,856 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

Several years ago I had reservations on Isla at Color de Verano, booked through Lost Oasis. Then, Hurricane Wilma blew through.

We decided to cancel, even though the property was open. We should have had to forfeit our deposit, since it was close to our departure date.

We received our deposit back in full. I'd not hesitate to use Lost Oasis again.

9. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 16:46
Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The Lost Oasis, Isla Mujeres

Gianluca, you are misspelling Vicki's name, so maybe you are misspelling the e-mail address. It's vicki@lostoasis.net. Lisa's is lisa@lostoasis.net . Have you checked your spam/junk mail folder for any responses? And finally as travelerNewYork suggested, why not call? There are at least two phone numbers and office hours listed on the Lost Oasis website. I have never known either of these agents to be unresponsive or untrustworthy.