We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condos at Sunset Grill?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ramsey, MN
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Condos at Sunset Grill?

On our trip to IM, we had dinner one night at Sunset Grill. This looks like a beautiful property and I was wondering are they condos, or owned or?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Those are the Nautibeach Condos. Privately owned but very popular rentals. Each is a two bedrooom unit. Aren't those grounds gorgeous?

Ramsey, MN
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Yes! The only time we walked through was at night to get to Sunset Grill but it looked amazing! From the path to Sunset Grill we were trying to view the condos and they look very nice.

From where we stayed at the PA, the beach is a ways away so the sound of waves on the shore wasn't as present from our room as with other locations we've been to in Mexico. The short distance from the beach to the Nautibeach Condos would probably allow for that soothing sound!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

We could hear the waves from our oceanfront room at Ixchel Beach, too (our dream is to one day own a home where we can lie in bed and hear the Caribbean).

Trivia: I understand that back in the day Playa Norte itself used to be called Nautibeach, hence the name of the condos.

Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Hello! Has anyone stayed at Nautibeach - especilally over a major holiday? I'm considering it for Spring Break, and the island is pretty booked up. Is Nautibeach known as a rowdy place or a place with a lot of kids?

Any advice would be great. Our favorite hotel, Playa Media Luna, is all booked up! Still excited about going back to Isla.

Thanks!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Nautibeach is definitely not rowdy, in fact, I can't think of too many rowdy places on Isla. Well, maybe Poc Na on a beach party night :)

By "lot of kids" do you mean families with children, or lots of college/high school kids on spring break? Isla is not a spring break destination thank God, so that tends to stay on Cancun. If you meant children, it all depends; some times there are more kids around than others, but in May most children are still in school so chances are the hotel won't be overrun by them.

If you want something quiet, small, and boutique-like without kids, have you tried Casa Sirena? It's not on the beach and it's a bit of a walk to Playa Norte but it's lovely. Also Hotel Secreto next door to Media Luna.

Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Thanks for the suggestion. I had never looked at Casa Sirena. We love it, but evidently a lot of people do - it's booked nearly all winter. But thanks for turning me onto it. Very beautiful.

I've never been to Isla on Spring Break, only in May, July and December. We never had trouble getting a room at Media Luna or anywhere else. So I was surprised that so many places are booked up over Spring Break this year. That made me wonder if the atmosphere over Spring Break is a lot different than what we're used to and why we go to Isla.

Thanks for your input!

Edited: 11 February 2011, 16:12
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

And by kids, I meant families with little kids.

Edited: 11 February 2011, 16:14
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Megan, you'll be pleasantly surprised that spring break is a nonevent on Isla. We've been there during that time a few times and yes, it's a bit more busy (partially because it overlapped with Easter when we were there) but nothing like rowdy frat boys doing jello shots. It's all good :)

As a side note, I'm happy to hear Isla is doing well but sorry to hear it's affecting your places to stay. Have you tried Secreto that I mentioned? Also look into Ixchel as Nautibeach tends to be a little more popular with families.

Edited: 11 February 2011, 16:16
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

Oh, yes, I'm familiar with Secreto. I have several friends who always stay there, while I prefer Media Luna. I'm not good-looking enough to stay at Secreto. :) And it's a little out of our budget this time of year.

We have one option at Nautibeach, but not thrilled that we won't see photos of the condo before arriving. They don't assign you a condo until you arrive. Ixchel is a very strong possibility. There are one or two available there. It's a tad big for our tastes, but I'm really splitting hairs now.

Thanks for your info! I'm glad to know I won't be stumbling into a Girls Gone Wild video shoot.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condos at Sunset Grill?

The Nautibeach condos have pretty much the same layout - 2 bedrooms, a kitchen & living room w. balcony. 1 bathroom. Decor may vary. They all have views of the garden to the sea. It is a great place to stay on Isla. The best pool & nice little beach, not to mention the Sunset grill.