We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Shoes

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation Shoes

I recently got into a bit of a debate on this subject in another Forum and thought I'd take an informal poll here. How many pairs of footwear do you take for a 7-day beach vacation, and of what type? It would also help to know your gender, as I am assuming (from previous debate) that your answer may vary dramatically.

I'll start: I wear a pair of "formal" sandals and pack a pair of flip-flops and my dive booties, which double as "water shoes." My wife does the same, but may bring a second pair of flip-flops. So 3 pairs for me, 3 or 4 for my wife.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,568 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Shoes

1 pair of metallic sandals (flat) for "dress up"

1 pair of "dressy" flip flops (black velvet)

1 pair black rubber Old Navy flip flops for pool

1 pair of flat, ankle booties for traveling and sight seeing.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Shoes

Two pairs of comfy flip flops in case one pair breaks (at least one pair being of the dressy, embellished variety), one pair of killer (as in sexy, not uncomfortable) high-heeled sandals. If I'm going to be doing any excursions, I'll also bring along a pair of runners and if I'm unsure of beach conditions, I'll throw in a pair of water shoes too.

I'm a girly-girl with a SERIOUS shoe habit; I used to take many, many more shoes than this. The fact that I have pared my vacation shoe collection down so dramatically proves that there's hope for everyone!

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Shoes

Keens,flip flops and dive boots----thats it,and I am a female. My husband brings keens,boat shoes for dinners and wears his sneakers down,we only take carry on bags so we pack really light!!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Shoes

i only have 2 feet. flip flops for the vacation and shoes for the plane.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Shoes

1 Pair of rubber Chaco sandals for the beach/pool

1 Pair of water proof leather sandals (Clarks) for the evenings that are still durable enough to be on the beach

1 Pair of nicer leather sandals (Born) in case we go to a nice restaurant. They do work with sand but they look nice with pants

I Pair of athletic shoes (Keen) for the plane.

In the past, we have gone to nice AI resorts so I would have also had to bring closed toed slip ons. I'll leave those at home for my Isla trip.

ct
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Shoes

I bring: One pair of Teva Water Shoes/Sneakers (I don't wear them in the water) that I wear down on the plane

One pair of Teva Flip Flops for the Beach

One pair of dressier but very casual flip flops for dinner

One pair of Water Shoes

Husband Brings:

Running Shoes that he wears on the plane

Keens for dinner and beach

Water Shoes

Kids Bring:

Sneaker to wear down on the plane

Crocs-1-2 pairs each

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
846 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation Shoes

I'm sorry, but can you all explain to this backwoods Texan, what a Keen is?

Thanks!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation Shoes

It is a brand name. Excellent quality shoes and sandals - http://www.keenfootwear.com/

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation Shoes

one pair of sandals and one pair of athletic shoes, as I walk every morning. That is all I bring. :)

10. Re: Vacation Shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 22:41
Edited: 08 March 2011, 22:41