We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed bugs

Loveland, Colorado
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bed bugs

are there any bed bug problems on isla?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,726 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bed bugs

None that I have heard of :)

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bed bugs

They tend to stay in Cancun.

Level Contributor
1,304 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bed bugs

not allowed on ferry

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bed bugs

I haven't heard any complaints of bed bugs on the island.

everett wa
Level Contributor
809 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bed bugs

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bed bugs

The Mexicans have no bed bugs because they know how to get rid of them.I watched a family that i know that had ants and what they did and it works i tried it,

They shut the windows and get a can and fill it half way with alcohol and lite it.It buns blue and will keep burning until all the air in the room is gone and the can goes out.all things will die nothing lives without air.

it works great.watch your plants they will die also.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: bed bugs

Hostel pocna has a huge problem. Never seen so many at once, woke up and was covered in insects at night, turned light on and almost got in a fight with a guy trying to kill them. Told the self-righteous argentine rasta working reception about and he told me to brush them off the mattress. in the morning found them in the cracks in the wall, bed. Beautiful hostel but the bugs are bad...

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bed bugs

they are tasty and good with corn tortillas over a wood burning fire. Troll much?

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bed bugs

Have been going to Isla for 14 years, have stayed at various places (not Pocna hostel however!) and have never encountered bedbugs.

10. Re: bed bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 16:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question