We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

Alberta
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

Hi there! We have family that are arriving about 2 hours prior to our arrival time (in Cancun) and we are searching for a restaurant near the ferry terminal on the Cancun side that we can meet them at. Could anyone recommend a place to us? We want to take the ferry to Isla Mujeres together as none of us have been there before and that is where we are staying. Thanks all!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

There is a McDonalds at the ferry.

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

why not meet on Island side of ferry. much more variety of places to meet

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

I've just stayed at CUN while waiting for other flights to come in. When you come out of the terminal there is a small eating/sitting area to the left and a stand up bar to the right. Then you can all transport to the ferry together.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,891 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

I would agree to hang out and wait for everyone to arrive so we could travel together but you should definitely save eating until you're on Isla. Even if it's not a McDonalds, the restaurant at the ferry terminal just cannot compete with the great food on Isla. :)

New England
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

Recently I needed to meet up at the ferry dock with my daughter. She was flying in and I was coming from Puerto Morelos. I got to the dock earlier than she did so bought our tickets and a cold drink and sat outside watching the ferries come and go. It was quite enjoyable and once she arrived we hopped on the next ferry and were in Isla for lunch. If you decide to meet at the ferry dock there is plenty of outside space to sit in the shade.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,227 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

As n'bob suggests, if you eat on the Cancun side you'll regret it the moment you step off the ferry on Isla and find yourself surrounded by the sights and smells of a plethora of wonderful restaurants. When going to Isla, arrive hungry!

Level Contributor
638 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

At Puerto Juarez there are two ferry sights. One is a lot newer than the other. At the other older one there is a seafood restaurant called Casa Mandinga. They make some awesome sea food dishes that will compare to anything on Isla. It is local and operating for about 25-30 years. They also serve beverages of your choice. It will beat the McDees at the other ferry hands down. Hope this helps. HIO

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,891 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

Just to clarify; for the seafood restaurant Holeinone is talking about you all would have to make sure the cab/transfer company takes you to the older, Puerto Juarez ferry docks, not the newer Gran Puerto one. Unless you specify that, by deafult you will be automatically taken to the new Gran Puerto one. Just didn't want half your party showing up at one and the other half at the other docks, waiting for each other, lol. :)

9. Re: Restaurant near the Puerto Juarez ferry terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 00:15