We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

How much do they rent for the day? can you rent them by the hour ? Can you drive them if you have had a drink at a local establishment? We want to spend some time there but not staying overnight. Thanks for any information you can give me.

everett wa
Level Contributor
808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

Most places close at 5 so the earlier you rent for the day, the better. Its either 4 hours. all day or 24 hours. We always rent at this place around the corner from when you get off the ferry. You can barter a little with the guys and we always pay about $45 U.S for the day...There are alot of taxis and mopeds so you have to be cautious. .Stay to the right and let the taxis pass so they dont run you down.lol.. I havent seen any that you can rent by the hour and the 4 hours is only about 10 bucks cheaper than all day.. Have fun!! The golf cart on Isla is my favorite part of my trip!

Edited: 27 April 2011, 02:22
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

Yes, they rent by the hour, the day, and over night. I only have last year's prices as I'm going again next month, but I don't think the increases would be very substantial. We always rent from Ciro's on Guerrero but there are other reputable companies as well. Driving after drinking is not advised but of course people do it all the time. Ciro's prices last year were:

1 hour: 180 pesos or about 15 dollars

per day: 500 pesos or about 42 dollars

over night: 550 pesos or about 45 dollars

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

travelerNewYork has correct prices except 24 hrs is now 600p

It's O.K to have a drink, but don't drive drunk. If you plan on having more than a couple then take a taxi.

Stay to the right as meanestmom said and watch for topes (speed bumps) Touring the island on a golf cart is a lot of fun, but you do have to be careful.

Many rental companies on the island, several right on Medina when you get off the ferry.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

Can you rent one by the week?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

We always do but the price is pretty much the same. If they happen to be very slow, or it's really off season, they may give you a break but the only time we experienced that was during the flu scare when there was nobody on Isla. Otherwise they actually lose money on long term rentals since they charge 15 dollars an hour. So expect to pay the 24 hour fee x 7

Edited: 29 April 2011, 13:57
ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

Last week on Hidalgo we rented for $45 for 24 hours-$35 was their rate for the day. It was the 2nd place and the sign said Golf Carrs $37.00 but they offered $35 without any negotiating. They took my husband around to Del Sol on Medina to pick up the cart and then he came back and got us. The topes are killer in the back:) We had a lot of turbulence on our flight home and kept looking at each other and saying "tope" during the flight! When was the last time turbulence made you smile?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

"our flight home and kept looking at each other and saying "tope" during the flight! When was the last time turbulence made you smile?"

I need a Like button for this :)

Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

Has anyone rented from Prisma? How are their carts?

Deep South
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

We have rented form Prisma several times and never had any problems. Email them ahead and ask for the best price. I always get a better deal that way.

10. Re: Where do you rent a golf cart? How much are they for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:17