We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

Hi, could anyone tell me if you need your drivers licence to rent a golf cart on the island?

We have only brought our photo part with us from the uk!

Also where is the best place to hire a cart for the day...any advice would be really helful as we are going over in the next couple of days.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,204 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

Yes, you do need a drvers' license but I'm sure what you have will suffice. Check out the Top Question on Getting Around Isla (upper right hand corner). Lots of info on where to rent, how to rent, cost, etc. Some of the more popular ones are:

CIRO’S. Ave Guerrero. Tel & Fax: 011 52 99 88 77 05 68

EL SOL. Ave. Juarez. Tel: 011 52 998 877 0791

PRISMA. Ave. Rueda Medina. Tel and Fax: 011 52 998 877 0938 Email: jesuscontrerasb@hotmail.com

GOMAR. On Rueda Medina & Av. Madero

CARDENAS. On Guerrero

We always rent from Ciro's but the others have their fans too :)

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

Hi,

Thabks for your reply...it is really helpful.

Do you know where you get the best price from as we do not want to be ripped off?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,204 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

The prices are pretty much set and about the same everywhere. If things are slow on the island they may be willing to bargain a bit but don't expect big reductions. Expect to pay around 180 pesos (16 dollars) for an hour, 500 pesos (45 dollars) for a 9 - 5 rental, and 600 pesos (55 dollars) for 24 hour rental, give or take a few pesos here and there. I'm using 11 pesos per dollar conversion.

Someone mentioned that they found a cart for 35 dollars for the day but I can't find it, lol. In any case prices should not be much above that, and anything below is a good price :)

ct
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

It was me. We paid 45 for 24 hours, but it would have been 35 for the day. Right on Hidalgo-the sign says $37.00 per day Golf Carrs. They offered $35 without negotiating and get their carts from Del Sol-I think renting direct from Del Sol is actually more.

Level Contributor
61 posts
5. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

IS Del Sol a reputable source for carts?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

El Sol has had some bad press lately, but I rented from them in March with no problems. I would suggest not using a credit card when renting a golf cart, that seemed to be at least part of the problems lately.

7. Re: Drivers Licence for Golf cart rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:19