We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

Anyone stayed at Casa Morocco or Magi Azul on Airport Strip?

Would love to hear your reviews on these two new homes.

Are there other new properties to consider on the Caribbean side?

I'm familiar with most of the older places(the ones I love are booked for our dates) and I'm familiar with the rental agency properties.

Just wondering if there are other newer options I've yet to discover?

Need 2 bedroom/2 bath, pool, a/c, something nice, not too expensive (around 2,000 a week)

Thanks

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,148 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

"Are there other new properties to consider on the Caribbean side? "

I took a peek at my notebook..a few that jumped out for me are below but they include the Colonias...my apologies if you already know them! :-)

Escalera Blanca

Casa Rosa - entire place for around $2K

Casa Roca Caribe - both levels for around $2K

Villa Tranquila

Nhaa Saastal - I might be wrong but Joyce & Bob might own this (Casitas del Mar owners)?

Good luck! I list these kinds of threads..great info for the future!

Edited: 12 May 2011, 15:46
Lake Charles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

Casa Luna Turquessa is somewhere in that area. I think it is about 5 yrs. old though. The downstairs is 2 bed, 2 bath with pool. They do have 2 upstair studio units which are 1 bed & bath in each. We are renting the entire house in June for $2040 for the week. This is their low season price. Should be less if you were only renting the main floor.

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

To answer your question, there are no newer options than Magi Azul and Casa Morocco. All the properties mentioned in the responses above are not new. They've been there for years.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

We just returned today Feb 9, 2012 from a 5 day stay at Casa Morocco on Isla de Mujeres. We had a party of 6 (2 couples and 2 singles) from Florida. This house is amazing! We highly recommend it. Built in 2011 with 4 bedrooms, 4 1/2 baths, 3 kitchens, garage, pool, ocean front, top deck with grill... There must be $100k+ in tile in this house. Be sure to look up the pictures on the internet. The photos don't even do it justice. The location is fantastic. Definitely rent a golf cart to cruise around the island. A couple of things you need to know: The pool and spa are NOT heated. Beautiful pool- could not get in it because it was FREEZING. It wasn't the weather- beautiful and very warm. Can you imagine a spa/hot tub also not heated. Again, we did not get to use the spa. The internet did not work the entire time we were there even though the property manager replaced the router. The only satellite TV is in the 2 smaller bedrooms downstairs. The food on the island is fantastic! Don't miss the coconut French toast at Mango Cafe. Great Dive Shops, awesome fishing guides, beautiful beaches!

5. Re: New rental properties on Airport Strip ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:24