We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atm

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Atm

Tried to find the answer in a search so I didnt have to ask a question that has been asked before,but could not pull anything up. So sorry to ask again. When using the ATM on Isla, if I want 500 dollars worth of pesos, I put my card in and put in the peso amount? How will I know what that is if the rate changes every day?? Can I just type in 5000 pesos so that gives me at least close to the same amount? And someone said you have to pull your card out really fast before it eats the card.......how fast is fast??? And if you are at the bank can they get you your card back??? Getting so friggin excited ........I am writing everything down so I dont forget!!! 11 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atm

Options (2000, 3000, 5000 I think)) for amounts to withdraw will come up on the screen, you can press the button next to amount of pesos desired. I think there is an option to type a larger amount if you want more. As soon as your card can be removed do it, don't stand there and count your money for instance before you retrieve it. And if you use the atm at the bank and for some odd reason your card does not come back, you can get it inside the bank during regular banking hours. You will need to have your passport to do so. (This has never happened to us but did to a friend)

Be sure you know your allotted withdrawl limit per 24 hours. Our bank had a $250.00 limit, we were able to increase that to $500.00 per 24 hours with a phone call. You should let your bank know you will be using the card in Mexico by the way.

I hope this helped! :-)

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atm

Yes it did help thank you, and I let my bank know already that I would be using the card. I have to call again to make sure the limit is 500, but I am pretty sure. Do you know if it gives a mixture of denominations? Or do you get all big bills?

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atm

Websue-although I Am a big fan of writing, there is a save this reply button that you can save all the great info from the forums to a trip folder. (see my trip advisor above)

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atm

thanks.....good to know!!!

5. Re: Atm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:21