We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wet suits

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
wet suits

for the whale shark swim, does the tour operator have wet suits for people to use? Or do we have to have our own? Not that I have any desire to squeeze into a wet suit, however I dont want the constraignt of a life jacket holding me back either!!!!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wet suits

I would check directly with the group you plan to use.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wet suits

Some do, some don't ... all of the dive shops will obviously have them. But I highly recommend a wetsuit over a life jacket because you'll have much more flexibility of motion and the life jacket won't be riding up on you. Check with your operator before the trip--if they don't have them rent from any of the scuba shops. We bring our own becuse we're also diving and prefer the full-length suits for dives and shallow snorkeling (not an issue on whale shark tours).

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wet suits

Thanks for your answers, we are avid snorkelers and decent swimmers and we rarely wear life jackets at all, Im not thrilled with the idea of pulling a wet suit on but will if I have to!!! Also we are bringing our own equipment do people wear fins on the whale shark swim?? I would think that would make it easier to keep up with them.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wet suits

Yes, mask/fins/snorkel, just like a snorkeling trip. And we prefer using our own gear.

5. Re: wet suits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 13:16