We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Turtle Farm and baby turtle releases

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Topic
Update on Turtle Farm and baby turtle releases

Im full of questions tonight.

Does anyone have an update on the turtle farm? Been lately?

Hows it doing since they released so many of the turtles?

Does anyone know if they will still do baby turtle releases in August.

That is such a bucket list item for me. I honeslty cannot say how much it would mean to me to do that.

We are bringing my daughter next week, and of course a golf cart trip to Punta Sur is a must, along with a visit to the Tortuga farm.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
38 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Turtle Farm and baby turtle releases

When we were there a few weeks ago, they had just released several hatches. Summer is the season. My understanding is that if they monitor the hatch, then monitor their return to the sea, there is a better chance for survival.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Turtle Farm and baby turtle releases

We were just there,and there were many babies. Got to hold them.....shhhh dont tell!! Don't know about the release at all,but it was fun to spend some time there. Many things to touch and hold, we had an awesome older gentleman show us everything. He did not speak any english,but had an awesome toothless grin!!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Turtle Farm and baby turtle releases

Im glad to hear they are still up and running. I love the octopus!

And I too like the older gentlemen that seems to delight in showing vistiors all of the critters.

I cannot wait to visit again.

4. Re: Update on Turtle Farm and baby turtle releases

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 17:17