We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garrafon de Castillo

Canada
Level Contributor
516 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Garrafon de Castillo

Tomorrow is our last full day on Isla and we'd like to go snorkelling at Garrafon de Castillo.

mapchick's map lists the admission charge but not the hours of operation. Does anyone know what time the park opens? We'd like to go early to (hopefully) dodge some of the crowds and the heat.

We've had a great time and we're not looking forward to heading home on Sunday afternoon!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garrafon de Castillo

They're open from 9-5 but the restaurant closes a bit earlier than that.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garrafon de Castillo

Just dont expect great snorkeling!!! Some fish,and maybe a ray,but if you are snorkelers you may be disappointed,if you dont know what to expect.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,992 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garrafon de Castillo

If you see a key on the bottom of the ocean for locker #22, it's mine. *blush*

Have fun! We saw 3 rays and a big barracuda!

And don't go over the rope into the main Garrafon park property or they will yell at you.

We bought fish food (yes I know that is bad, did it anyway) and fed the fish in the shallows...not sure I have ever laughed so much, I have never seen tame fish with so many mouths gaping at me before!

Canada
Level Contributor
516 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garrafon de Castillo

Thanks for the replies! We'll head there early tomorrow. We were there two years ago and it was a great location for starfish so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garrafon de Castillo

I hate their s-shaped beach chairs. Once you sit down in one it requires a crane to stand up.

6. Re: Garrafon de Castillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:18