We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

Going back to Isla for the 5th time end of Feb staying in a villa at Avalon & heard about the bridge damage. Can anyone tell me if there allowing more than just foot traffic? Cars? Golf Carts etc? Any idea what it will be like in Feb? Like to walk but carrying luggage, store provisions etc is nice to have a ride. Any updates would be great. Thanks in advance, can't wait for beach & beer!

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
118 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

I was there earlier this month and they were in the process of fixing it. You should be good to go come Feb.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,581 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

We were there last week and it was still closed to vehicles. We watched as these poor delivery guys were dragging cases of beer in the sand for a few feet before hitting the bridge. It's terrible for anyone delivering provisions to Avalon. But yes, by February I'm sure it'll be fixed. I didn't see any work being done but then I didn't stop by every day so I may have missed it.

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

We were there last week and the first part of our trip was foot traffic only. By the last few days the cones had been removed and golf carts and cars were crossing so it appears to be fixed

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,581 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

Thanks, Lovebirds, that's good to hear!

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

Thank you Everyone for your responses. Good to hear! A long ways to carry a case of returnable bottles etc to the villa.

Warrington...
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

I was there earlier in 2011 and looked at that bridge and thought, "That doesn't look very sturdy to me." So what happened?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,581 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

The last tropical storm caused some damage to it.

8. Re: What's the condition of the Avalon bridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2012, 10:19