We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
140 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

Used to be that Villa Rolandi would have a basic room for around 120 a night during off season, We even stayed in the Honeymoon suite for less than 200 last May. I have noticed that the rates never seem to go below 300 now, no matter what time of the year .. Are the days of lower rates at Villa Rolandi gone now ?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

We had a great deal there this December (first week) where we got airfare and room (with full breakfast) for about 1600 for two of us. And we got the same sweet deal last May. We have been checking religiously but nothing like it. So yes, you're right. It seems like the great deals are not being offered. Maybe they'll come down again so keep checking. I got those deals through Amex so chek there too.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

It seems like sometimes they don't start offering that special promotion until after April. I am thinking they wait to see how low season bookings are looking before they offer. I would keep checking as well, to see what might pop up.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

Last year we got the May deal around this time in January. But ITA that they may be waiting to see how much they can book the place at the higher price. And who can blame them?

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

Orbitz had a very good air AND hotel on VR just a few weeks ago, and I was THISCLOSE to nabbing it, but DH wants to be on Playa Norte. I REALLY want to go there sometime.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
140 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

I will keep checking, I wanted to surprise my Husband with a night there for his birthday but that may not happen this trip since we are going during high season.. You can't blame them for the higher prices, the hotel is worth every penny of the higher rates and they work very hard to please their guests. Unfortunately at normal rates, its just out of our budget.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

Kelly,

Check out www.jetsetter.com I have used this site a couple of times to stay at hotels that are normally way out of my budget. I stayed at La Amada (now The Beloved) last February at a fraction of the normal cost! No hidden fees and this is truly a wonderful site. Villa Rolandi is listed on Jetsetter.com it's currently not on a flash sale, but you might still get a great deal. If you need an invite to become a member, PM me.

Hope this helps!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

We are members of Jetsetter but Amex usually has better deals (also includes air in the package) which is why we booked our last two trips to VR through them.

Edited: 26 January 2012, 13:27
chattanooga tn
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

I also had a great deal last year in March, high season, thru Kathryns Travel and then thru Expedia this December but I have noticed they are not available this year, hope to see them again but if not Secreto does have a discount and I'm always happy there as well. You need to book directly with Secreto as they do not use any third parties for booking.

9. Re: Villa Rolandi, no more lower prices ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 09:30