We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 2

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
573 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day 2

Woke to another beautiful morning. We ate Breakfast at the PA buffet, which was very good. Then off to Squaload Divers for our dive training. We spent the morning in the water by the docks doing lessons. Very exciting to learn to dive. The guys at Squaload are very good and very patient with my wife.

After our training we stopped at Brisa Mexicana, I had the Chicken Fajitas and the Wife had Octopus seviche. She said hers was good and mine was the best Fajitas I've had here yet.

Then to the beach so my wife could tan. I entertained myself people watching and having a few beers. It's funny what some people will wear to the beach. Today I seen everything from naked, topless, to banana hammocks. Some were very disturbing sites. LOL.

We went to Jacks for dinner. My wife wanted to see if they would put on American Idol. They looked but it wasn't on. For dinner I had a very large plate of Nachos and my wife had coconut shrimp. Both were very good and very filling.

Off to bed now, tomorrow we do our first open water dive. We are trying very hard to do a few things this year before Isla Mode sets in and we are crippled to eating and sleeping. LOL

nikkid37
Level Contributor
354 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 2

Sounds like a good time so far ;)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 2

You could probably find it in your hotel - in Spanish. We are always happy to see South Park or something similar until we realize it is in Spanish.

I know, a lot of people don't watch TV on vacation but we do.

6- 9 AM

4 - 7 PM

After 10 PM

Basicaly, whenever we are chilling in the room.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 2

Thanks for the updates Mark. It brightens my day to hear something new from Isla.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,174 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 2

Keep it coming, Mark!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,406 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 2

Have fun diving--bet you're going to love it!

We once watched The Simpsons in Spanish while vacationing in Panama. We still love to quote it:

"Adios, Homero."

"Adios, Moe."

Guess there's no Spanish equivalent of Moe.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 2

Have fun!

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 2

One vacation we repeatedly heard "Esta Noche....Warner channel". It became our catch phrase, especially the way they said Warner Chan-nel.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 2

We watched Swamp People and imagined how long it took to translate Cajun into Spanish. Then we took a drink every time that Troy said, "Toot (shoot) it Elizabeth!". Just like at home!

9. Re: Day 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 09:25