We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily Things

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Daily Things

I'm not making elaborate schedules and plans for our 10 nights on Isla Mujeres. This is very much against my normal way of travel planning, I tend to get a little OCD. (You should have seen our New York itinerary. It was planned out in 15 minute increments - potty breaks strongly discouraged. But I digress.......)

So, rather than make up an itinerary of what we are going to do every day, I'd like to make up a list of different things on the island that are only available on certain days of the week. Thus far, my list is pretty slim pickings. This is what I have on it so far:

Soggy Peso daily specials (or at least the ones that I was able to determine)

The Conchita Pibil at the Mercado on Sundays

Villa la Bella's Friday night happy hour from 7-10pm

I know there is more stuff than that. Anyone care to share?

(This not planning is more work than one might imagine!)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,100 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily Things

If you're planning on Barlitos and Olivia, keep in mind they're both closed Sunday and Monday.

New England
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily Things

Villa la Bella Friday happy hour is 5-7pm not 7-10pm. Their bar opens daily at 10am and closes at 10pm. If I remember correctly last call is around 9:30.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
867 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily Things

I am not sure, but Tino the Rib Man used to be open only on Sundays. Saturdays may have been added, as I recall....

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daily Things

Thank you! Keep 'em coming!

Freeport, Illinois
Level Contributor
189 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daily Things

Chuuk Kay has live music Sat. and Sun. 3-5, and La Terraza has live music nightly. We love the tamales at Kash Keken Chuc which you can only get Fri. and Sat. nights. Isn't it fun planning?!!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daily Things

Chuuk Kay Restaurante Happy Hours are 3-5 every day. On Sunday, we have Drink Specials ALL day with the Beer Buckets and from 2-3 is Happy Hour with Beer 2 x 35 and Cocktails 2 x 70

7. Re: Daily Things

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:21