We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still ramblin

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Still ramblin

Have lost the sun for a couple days. All clouds yesterday and the same so far today. I feel bad for the folks who are on a one week stay. But...it is warm and these are the days to see the island, walk around and do some exploring and check out those hotels for next year without succumbing to heat stroke.

The new malecon is almost done. The boat is tiled and there is a shark or some kind of fish on it. I'm sure somebody will know!

The 3 seat golf carts cannot be rented. There is a post about this where I went into detail.

Most of my friends have arrived, so we will be trying out some new places and, of course, revisiting the old. Had lunch at Barlito's on Thurs. One of the guys had the Anthony pannini and the other one the sandwich. They were stuffed and one couldn't even finish his. Definitely a splitter for $95 pesos. It was meatballs and both loved them.

We are all meeting at Miramar for dinner tonight. We have been trying to work out our superbowl party with Romy at Posada del Mar. We were there last year and it was great. Hope we can get that finalized today.

The circus is here....like anyone here didn't know that! The truck has been driving all over with the loud speaker for over a week. The local kids seem really excited. They run out every time that truck goes by.

I see Chedraui still has some camping/beach chairs. They also had bricks of Kraft cheese for about double what we pay at home. But, if it is what you can't live without. I see the ghiradelli(sp) chocolate is disappearing. It is rather pricey, but I am not a chocolate fan...so. I also saw Jelly Belly and Brach's jelly beans, Skor, Milky Way , Mentos, Starburst, Skittles and more.

I see it has started to rain. Guess I'll get after my book.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,172 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still ramblin

I was wondering when you're going to be rambling again :)

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still ramblin

Wyobean, did you come to Romy's on Thursday evening and ask Lea about the Superbowl with maybe 2 other people? Someone inquired about it while we were sitting in there.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,406 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still ramblin

LOL at the very idea of having Kraft "cheese" in Mexico. It always fascinates me to go through the stores to see what's available and the differences in cost. We found a box of Frosted Flakes--in Spanish--at the La Gloria Super Express. So I couldn't help but announce, in my best Tony the Tiger voice, "They'rrrrrre Bueno!"

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still ramblin

Yes, Heather that was me...I so wish I would have known that was you! I would have loved to meet you. We were there last year and had a great time. So hoping it is going to work out this year. I will be heading in to see Romy later this afternoon!

Good one DMartin!

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still ramblin

I hope Lea is there too if you go for the Superbowl. We ALL fell in love with him! He was the one you talked to Thursday.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Still ramblin

Does anyone know how long the circus is in town?

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Still ramblin

I heard Fri, Sat & Sun

8. Re: Still ramblin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2013, 10:16