We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rambling with friends

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rambling with friends

My friends have arrived, so we are checking out some different places and restaurants. Stopped at the old zoo just past the "new" hospital that has not been worked on in two years. There are some artisan shops and rest rooms. One shop had some older pictures of Isla. Only took a few minutes, but the pics were interesting.

Had dinner at Seso Loco. Very good burrito for $85 pesos. I took half of it home for lunch the next day. Reasonably priced ($45 pesos), good margarita. DH had stuffed fish filet for $165 pesos.

Also tried Oscar's. I had chicken fajitas for $90 pesos. They give you 3 tortillas. I would have had enough for 5 tortillas. DH ate my left overs after he had eaten his shrimp fajitas. There were enough shrimp for 4 fajitas. He said his meal was very good.

Monday is a tough day to find places open for lunch. There are plenty of places open, but we wanted to try Poc Chuc, then Italia and we knew Barlito's was closed. It got to be funny walking from one end to the other after we would say "oh, let's try_____"

You might check out www.Islamujeres.info and look at their chatter board. There is a topic about inexpensive eating places and one of the posters has a 2 section detailed post. It is very good and informative.

That boat statue has the lights on it and seems to be finished. It is beautiful.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
435 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rambling with friends

Have enjoyed your ramblings...taking notes on the food :)

chicago
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rambling with friends

Me too!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rambling with friends

me three!

Everyone on this forum can ramble away at any time ... love reading these.

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rambling with friends

Thanks...it was kind of cloudy this morning, so i waited a little bit to head to the beach. It turned out beautiful and the sun was really HOT. I hope all those pale skins had lots of sun screen on. I think we are going to try Poc Chuc tonight. In all the years we have been coming here, we have never eaten there. I'll let you know how it is!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,180 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rambling with friends

Love the food at Poc Chuc. Hope it's still great; it's been a couple of years since I made it back there. Too many places, too little time :) Glad you liked Miramar the other night; they have such good seafood and fish tacos. And their soups are terrific too, like the garlic one or the seafood soup which is a whole meal!

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rambling with friends

Oh please try the black bean soup! It's pureed so.not very chunky but SO delicious! The poc chuc is great too. That was one of my favorite restaurants.

7. Re: Rambling with friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 10:47